Golf 6 Cabriolet General Thread

Tiga
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Golf 6 Cabriolet General Thread

Post by Tiga »

Hi,

I purchased this car about 4 months ago and overall very happy with it,

I don't know much about cars but I'm looking for info in general maintenance, tips and tricks, things to look out for and common problems on the car,
do we have any other owners on here willing to share some experiences?

The car also needs a service soon according to the dash can anyone recommend it a spot in Cape Town, Im based in Kraaifontein I have it on warranty from WeBuyCars, but don't believe that covers servicing.

I want to do a few mods, just replacing the rear speakers as one blew, adding a subwoofer, as I still love my bass, probably do wheels and would like to do coilovers too, also would like a Golf 6R front bumper as I think those look damn sweet.

Looking forward to any feedback

:hug:
theunis.visser
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 5 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Mk5 Golf GTI

Re: Golf 6 Cabriolet General Thread

Post by theunis.visser »

Congrats on your new car!

Vw products are very well documented all over the internet regarding things like stock faulty. Check out THEHUMBLEMECHANIC on YouTube!

One that most vws suffer from is door locks! At some point they will fail!

For service, Motomech in Gemini street Brackenfell or VAGspec more towards stikland are 2 good bets! Have used both.

For tuning KSD also in Stikland is money wel spent!

Many fun and safe kms with your mk6!

Sent from my SM-N770F using Tapatalk

marzbars
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 1988 Corrado 16V
Membership No: 1316

Re: Golf 6 Cabriolet General Thread

Post by marzbars »

Tiga wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:14 am Hi,

I purchased this car about 4 months ago and overall very happy with it,

I don't know much about cars but I'm looking for info in general maintenance, tips and tricks, things to look out for and common problems on the car,
do we have any other owners on here willing to share some experiences?

The car also needs a service soon according to the dash can anyone recommend it a spot in Cape Town, Im based in Kraaifontein I have it on warranty from WeBuyCars, but don't believe that covers servicing.

I want to do a few mods, just replacing the rear speakers as one blew, adding a subwoofer, as I still love my bass, probably do wheels and would like to do coilovers too, also would like a Golf 6R front bumper as I think those look damn sweet.

Looking forward to any feedback

:hug:
I can only recommend Ferroli Motorsport in Killarney gardens, nobody else work on any of my VW/Audi's
Never had a bad experience, their rates are really competitive and they take extra good care of your car.