Polo 1.0 Life DSG consumption

ErrolDSG
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Polo 1.0 Life DSG consumption

Post by ErrolDSG »

Hi guys. I have the above 2022 vehicle. My previous vehicle was a 2018 Polo Highline DSG so same engine and gearbox. I can't get more than 400 kms from a tank. I have a friend that has the same car and he drives the car harder than I do but he gets more than 570. Any ideas please?
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 9 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Polo 1.0 Life DSG consumption

Post by Howie-WP »

ErrolDSG wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:30 am Hi guys. I have the above 2022 vehicle. My previous vehicle was a 2018 Polo Highline DSG so same engine and gearbox. I can't get more than 400 kms from a tank. I have a friend that has the same car and he drives the car harder than I do but he gets more than 570. Any ideas please?
In bold..... and see :driving: Also, you both "filling" to the same point? First click?
ErrolDSG
Enlisted

Post by ErrolDSG »

Howie-WP wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:11 pm
ErrolDSG wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:30 am Hi guys. I have the above 2022 vehicle. My previous vehicle was a 2018 Polo Highline DSG so same engine and gearbox. I can't get more than 400 kms from a tank. I have a friend that has the same car and he drives the car harder than I do but he gets more than 570. Any ideas please?
In bold..... and see :driving: Also, you both "filling" to the same point? First click?
I drive it pretty hard. We both fillll until no more fuel can be filled
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Post by Unobeat »

Are you calculating fuel consumption on your car tank to tank?
How many kilos on the clock?

What kind of driving are you doing percentage wise, Highway and robot to robot?
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

Driving style is one part of the equation but also gotta take into account the route you're driving. Stop/start driving will whack your consumption way more than cruising on the highways.
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
ErrolDSG
Enlisted

Post by ErrolDSG »

We drive basically the same route. I am measuringvtank to tank. Friends car has about 55000 on the clock, mine has 5000.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member

Post by Howie-WP »

ErrolDSG wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:39 am We drive basically the same route. I am measuringvtank to tank. Friends car has about 55000 on the clock, mine has 5000.
What does "tank to tank" mean? Also with the difference in odo km's maybe your engine is still not run in properly?
ErrolDSG
Enlisted

Post by ErrolDSG »

We both fill up and compare how much mileage we get from that tank. Hopefully my economy will improve once its run in. I've been told that is achieved around 10000kms.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member

Post by Howie-WP »

ErrolDSG wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:31 pm We both fill up and compare how much mileage we get from that tank. Hopefully my economy will improve once its run in. I've been told that is achieved around 10000kms.
When? How do you determine when you fill up? Does the up give you km's to empty? Unless the car(s) is completely empty and then fill and run to compare, results could vary. Or you both fill up (first click) and then run (until when?) Same range remaining can vary as well.

You could also do a back to back test, both cars running on the road (highway) at same speed next to each other can compare instant consumption, could give you an indication of relative consumption (over a while....)

I recon it's just your motor needs to run in a bit more (and revisit) Your buddy, does he have records of his fuel usage when engine was newer? Perhaps manual fuel logbook or Fuely or similar app? You can compare that and see...
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 7 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

Back in the day my old man kept track of fill-ups in those paper logbooks that filling stations used to give out.

Use something like Fuelly or Drivvo to keep track of your fill-ups and that will provide some insights on consumption.

https://www.fuelly.com/
https://www.drivvo.com/en
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD