Griphon
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: T5 Transporter 2.5TDI

2007 VW T5 2.5TDI Limp Mode

Post by Griphon »

Good day All,

I hope you are all well. I would first lime to start off by saying I really enjoy my VW Bus...but she is being difficult.

Let me give you all a bit of history. Well, when I purchased the van I had the turbo replaced and boost pipe seals. A couple of months passed and I blew a boost pipe, which I replaced.
The bus ran fine for a while and then she was going into limp mode randomly. When standing infront of the vehicle I felt some air brushing on my legs. I looked down and noticed the intercooler veins were bent. I have since had the intercooler fixed.

Now I am sitting with a situation, when I start the bus, the revs would pick up to 1200rpm and I dont have any throttle, when I engage 1st gear and move slightly forward, the revs normalise. I then rev the engine to 2500rpm and she goes back into limp mode.

I dont know what further to check, apologies for the long winded story, I just thought I should share. Any ideas :bang:

Regards,
Griphon
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Re: 2007 VW T5 2.5TDI Limp Mode

Post by Ashveer03 »

U gonna have to scan the van with a diagnostic tool to see what fault codes it's giving u.

That's not a common issue.

Most commonly on these are the exhaust manifolds. They crack = limp mode. But that wouldn't cause the accelerator pedal not to work.

On other Tdis, when the rpms raise on its own, its an alternator/wiring issue - again that doesn't affect the accelerator function.

U could just have a fault pedal. Only way to tell is to scan it.

Sent from my CPH2371 using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving: