Polo 6R Electric Window Switch Fault

Abdullah
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 6 years 1 month

Polo 6R Electric Window Switch Fault

Post by Abdullah »

Good day guys

Hope everyone is good

So I’m having this problem which is really annoying with us being in the peak of summer

Few weeks ago the drivers side window switch randomly stopped working, so from the main switch you could open all the windows except the drivers window, but if you used the key fob you could still hold down unlock and all the windows would still open and close including the drivers window. So I thought ok cool, switch needs replacement. Bought one from Goldwagen, fitted it but still the same problem

Today suddenly I can’t open the rear right window from the main switch as well, but still works from the actual switch on the door itself

In addition to this, none of the windows can open or close with the key fob now as well

Could anyone point me in the right direction please or to someone that could assist

Based in Johannesburg south area

Electrician I’ve been to scanned the car and no faults came up, says I should just go buy an original switch from Vw. :bang:
Abdullah
Wheel Whore

Re: Polo 6R Electric Window Switch Fault

Post by Abdullah »

Lol thanks for the all the responses
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

Have you checked the wiring from the main switch (strange that both new and old had same error) That the actual switch works indicates something at main switch (I am discounting a oob failure in the GW version) Check the connector / harness pinout when depressing switches. Use one that works so that you know what voltage gets sent...
WRT non opening with fob, put old one back and test (to eliminate GW switch) before you even thing of a VW replacement. Also check breakers / FB market place for switches / cars being stripped.
Abdullah
Wheel Whore

Post by Abdullah »

Howie-WP wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 pm Have you checked the wiring from the main switch (strange that both new and old had same error) That the actual switch works indicates something at main switch (I am discounting a oob failure in the GW version) Check the connector / harness pinout when depressing switches. Use one that works so that you know what voltage gets sent...
WRT non opening with fob, put old one back and test (to eliminate GW switch) before you even thing of a VW replacement. Also check breakers / FB market place for switches / cars being stripped.

Thank you so much for that buddy, will have a look this weekend and try and get into contact with scrapyards and the like

Much appreciated