Golf 7.5 Pulsating Humming Noise at 60km p/h and Knocking Noise Over Bumps

Merlocious
Enlisted
Registered for: 8 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK 7.5

Golf 7.5 Pulsating Humming Noise at 60km p/h and Knocking Noise Over Bumps

Post by Merlocious »

Hi Guys. Please can I get some help with my issue. So, in July this year I purchased from a probably well known dealership in Parow Cape Town, a 2018 Golf 7.5 1.4 TSi DSG with 78000km on the clock. I found some major issues only after I took delivery of the vehicle. I am struggling to get them to sort the issues out and I am getting the run around from them. I am at the point of returning the vehicle to them for a full refund but don't know what the procedures are around doing that. Now I am left to sort these issues out at my expense. I will ask about just two of them here on this post.

1. I get a pulsating humming noise coming from the front when I reach speeds from 60km p/h onwards. It is probably there before that but I cannot hear it. As I go faster, the noise gets louder and the pulsating hum at shorter intervals to each other. It sounds like whooooo...... whooooo...... whooooo...... whooooo......
It is not a constant humming sound but has pauses in between at one second intervals. Every time the humming noise comes in, I feel the vibration on the accelerator pedal as soon as the hum is heard. There is no vibration or anything else when driving except for this. Front tyres at the time were new and I changed the back two tyres shortly afterwards. The pulsating humming noise was still there. I then put the two new tyres in front and the front tyres in the back but still hear the same noise. I am yet to change all 4 rims and tyres from my friends Golf to hear if the problem persists or not. I do however think to rule the tyres out as they are all 4 new tyres.

2. My second issue is, every time I go over bumps sometimes small bumps, there is a knocking/clunking noise that comes from the front. Going down the gutter at home, I ALWAYS hear it. It does this when I am driving on a straight, or turning on uneven surfaces at at anytime and when the road surface is uneven.
The shocks and stabilizer links were changed already but still the knocking noise is there when going over bumps or down slight gutters or uneven surfaces.

Please can you guys assist in this diagnosing the issues I have. I already spent money on the shock and stabilizer links that did not sort this problem out and don't want waste more money on something that does not sort this problem out.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in the above two regards

Merlin
Black Widow
Cadet
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Re: Golf 7.5 Pulsating Humming Noise at 60km p/h and Knocking Noise Over Bumps

Post by Black Widow »

Hi there. When the new shocks were change did you replace the shock mounts as well or at least inspect them for wear.