1.4 Polo - Rough Idle, Low Power, EPC Light On

bowtoyoursensei
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 6 months

1.4 Polo - Rough Idle, Low Power, EPC Light On

Post by bowtoyoursensei »

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me.
I took my car for a major service in July and to have my coolant tank replaced as it had a leak and was overheating.
R6000 later, got the car back and drove fine for 2 days. I drive maybe 20kms max a day to the shop and back. It started shaking and the EPC light came on 2 days after the service, so I took it back - they said my coil packs were gone and replaced 2 of them. Another R2200 and they said all was fixed and so it seemed to be.

2 week later my car would not start in the morning AT ALL, i was needing to push start it most days - this went on for a week. I am not sitting with a new issue.

The car starts OK, but rough idle dropping to 400-500 rpm AS SOON as the engine heats up. Then I can feel there is little power when I am accellerating and changing gears, she sometimes has a bit of a bit of small jerking as the power builds up.

I am thinking the service guys didnt actually do what they were supposed to - i.e change my spark plugs, etc. and took me for a ride. I am a young-ish girl in my 20's, so could have happened :)

ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED!
ChrisMaxx
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 5 months

Re: 1.4 Polo - Rough Idle, Low Power, EPC Light On

Post by ChrisMaxx »

I would say take the vehicle and plug it into a diagnostics machine, and work from there.

Also, they were taking you for a ride in my opinion with the service and water bottle replacement as it's a very easy vehicle to work on. R6600 is a lot for the work that was done
:cool:
J0NN0
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Car Make: No Name
Car Model: Tekkies
Membership No: 1725

Post by J0NN0 »

What service center was this work done at?
Jonno

2002 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4TDI - SAC: 87.7 kw 276.1nm
2018 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4x4
2006 Mitsubishi Colt Clubcab 2800 TDI
2003 Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 16v Auto
2007 SEAT LEON FR
1983 Volkswagen Caddy - Panic: 319.7hp 360nm
2008 SEAT LEON CUPRA - Oettinger: 191kw 352nm
2008 SEAT IBIZA CUPRA - HM Auto: 146.9hp 244nm
2007 SEAT LEON FR - KAR: 163.2kw 337nm
2007 Volkswagen Polo 1.6
2001 Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i
VWCSA Membership Number: 1725
bowtoyoursensei
Enlisted

ChrisMaxx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:22 pm I would say take the vehicle and plug it into a diagnostics machine, and work from there.

Also, they were taking you for a ride in my opinion with the service and water bottle replacement as it's a very easy vehicle to work on. R6600 is a lot for the work that was done

Annoying - thanks for responding.
I'll do that and see what comes up.
bowtoyoursensei
Enlisted

J0NN0 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:52 pm What service center was this work done at?

AutoSpecs Motor Service in Montague Gardens, CPT.