Manual golf6R wiring

Georgegates
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

Manual golf6R wiring

Post by Georgegates »

Hi guys I’ve been looking for Golf6R complete wiring harness but can’t get ahold of any coming out of a manual golf. Does the manual gti share the same wiring harness minus the haldex wiring or does anyone have a lead on 6R wiring harness. I bought one from a dsg golfR and found out after countless hours that they are not even close to being the same.
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Manual golf6R wiring

Post by Howie-WP »

OK, I'll ask...... why do you need a complete wiring harness???
MacMan
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
Membership No: 478

Post by MacMan »

Georgegates wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:57 pm Hi guys I’ve been looking for Golf6R complete wiring harness but can’t get ahold of any coming out of a manual golf. Does the manual gti share the same wiring harness minus the haldex wiring or does anyone have a lead on 6R wiring harness. I bought one from a dsg golfR and found out after countless hours that they are not even close to being the same.
According to the part numbers they are different, but they may be similar. Maybe search on the net for some pictures and see if the GTi one will work for you.

MK6 GTi manual
CCZB engine code: 06J 972 619 CD
CCTA engine code: 06J 972 619 CF
CBFA engine code: 06J 972 619 CH

MK6 R manual up to 24/10/2011
CDLC, CDLF, CDLG, CRZA engine codes: 06J 972 619 BE

MK6 R manual from 25/10/2011
CDLC, CDLF, CDLG, CRZA engine codes: 06J 972 619 BG
'20 SEAT Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
'12 VW Up! 1.0 MPi

Ex:
'06 Golf MKV GTi
'04 Golf MKIV GTi.:R
'99 Citi Golf 2.0i

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Manual golf6R wiring

Post by Belix »

If I recall correctly, the Mk 6 R engine was an evolution of the mk5 gti engine. A similar revised mk5 engine was used in the edition 35 gti. That might be a better fit than the vanilla mk6 gti?
Georgegates
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 10 months

Post by Georgegates »

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen I’ll look into the mk5 wiring and the reason for looking for a complete harness is because I got the vehicle on auction and unfortunately she sat for 4 years in a storage lot and rats became tenants and they completely had a field day with all the wiring
mikie8
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 2012 Comfortline 1.6

Post by mikie8 »

Hey George I might be able to help out with the MK6 (2008-2013) wiring diagram, send me a PM.
2012 6R Polo 1.6 N/A