1994 VW Jetta mk3 Suspension Question

jaco67
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

1994 VW Jetta mk3 Suspension Question

Post by jaco67 »

Hi All, got a question , i'm trying to sort out my front suspension , but have a problem.

The shocks are still good but shock mounts need to be changed. However the issue is that I have two different strut caps ( the piece that bolts too the shock keeping the spring in place) . Since the wheel alignment is okay, I haven't bothered much since its not being driven much, but now I would like to get it sorted properly and start replacing all bushes and sway arm bushes etc.

The question is which shock mounts must I get, the older style or newer style( the newer style doesnt seem to last very long though even though i bought FEBI ones) or the polyurethane shock mount type. and where could i find the correct strut caps? i bought some at Goldwagen for the car but they're too small. (these are the goldwagen ones and they also dont have a dimpel for the spring to sit in)
Image Looks almost like the spring would slip over them. I have an OEM (stock in picture) one still on, and then the other side looks like the goldwagen one but bigger to fit properly ( almost looks like the vr6 one) The Strut cap that looks liek a VR6 one is also bit shorter than the stock one so theres about 1mm to 2mm play or there abouts when lifted so the alignment places dont wanna do alignment.

The shock mounts :
Oem (if im correct) : Image

New Style (which doesnt last long) : Image

Poly Ones : Image

Any advice would be appreciated