Citi golf exhaust snapped.

Shagwaggon
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 2 months

Citi golf exhaust snapped.

Post by Shagwaggon »

Hi guys
1.4 Carb Citi stock standard

So today I was driving home and noticed upon start up that the car sounded alittle different at idle...10km later I'm driving a V8 :lol: turns out my entire exhaust snapped in 2 just after the centre box.

The system is so rusted I'm considering just replacing the entire system and was wondering if now would be a good time to just fit a performance freeflow / powerflow setup..

I saw there were some OLD forums about this with OLD prices of what I could pay....anyone know a decent place in Cape town that could sort me out without breaking the bank? Otherwise I'm just going to source a decent stock system from a scrap yard and see what they charging...

Any pros and cons to upgrading would also be appreciated :hurray:

Thanks lads
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: Citi golf exhaust snapped.

Post by Howie-WP »

Dunno where you are, but any of the Powerflow branches. Stainless steel, free flow. Friend owns the Tokai Powerflow, speak to Gerard.
Shagwaggon
Enlisted

Post by Shagwaggon »

Thanks

I got a quote from powerflow in bellville for around R2000 for single silencer system (stainless steel freeflow) and 2800 for a dual silencer. They recommended the single silencer although I don't want the car to drone at high speeds...

I assume they know what they're talking about I just want to still be able to listen to music and think without constant exhaust droning while driving :lol:
Shagwaggon
Enlisted

Post by Shagwaggon »

My other thought was to source a standard exhaust from a scrapyard or maybe a velocity exhaust and fit it myself... I assume I'll have to cut my exhaust out due to rusty bolts.

So any thoughts on whether I should take on the project myself of replacing the exhaust all the way from the header to the tailpipe with a velociti or standard Citi exhaust or let powerflow put in a single silencer system..

Much appreciated guys
Shagwaggon
Enlisted

Post by Shagwaggon »

Just an update,I ended up getting a dual silencer freeflow system from Powerflow in salt river . Great customer service and excellent work done. R2750 was the final cost.