dicktator tuning

golf dicktator
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 5 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: mk 1

dicktator tuning

Post by golf dicktator »

hi guys im new to the forum dont realy know how it works hear im a big fan of panic read allot of him on the net so im struggling with my dicktator the car hat n flat spot when i press the accelerater to fast and when i drive and change gears i have to press accelerator first to get my refs up abit and let go of clutch and the car gets too much feul can smell it at the back of car i dont know how to tune dicktator i know how to conect my laptop and some basics but i dont wane mess it up to much hope any one can maybe help me with an 1.8 8v golf mk1 map or pics so i can get my values correct befor i go for a dyno tune its got the std cam on no mods to the car everything is std thanks in advance
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: dicktator tuning

Post by PapaJo »

Contact panic and make a booking and he will sort the tuning out for you.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi papajo im from western cape in riversdale so i cant get the car to him if i can get a map or pics to get my feul map and ignition map correct it will be a big help for me
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

golf dicktator wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:48 pm hi papajo im from western cape in riversdale so i cant get the car to him if i can get a map or pics to get my feul map and ignition map correct it will be a big help for me
Search in your area for a tuner closer to you. Ferrolli might be the closest to you.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

golf dicktator wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:08 pm hi guys im new to the forum dont realy know how it works hear im a big fan of panic read allot of him on the net so im struggling with my dicktator the car hat n flat spot when i press the accelerater to fast and when i drive and change gears i have to press accelerator first to get my refs up abit and let go of clutch and the car gets too much feul can smell it at the back of car i dont know how to tune dicktator i know how to conect my laptop and some basics but i dont wane mess it up to much hope any one can maybe help me with an 1.8 8v golf mk1 map or pics so i can get my values correct befor i go for a dyno tune its got the std cam on no mods to the car everything is std thanks in advance
Download the basic instructions guide from Dicktator website and study that first. Once you have a better understanding how to do the basic setup and trim of fueling, it will be easier to guide you to reduce fueling.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

it's not a simple case of sending you a map. You have to get it tuned for that setup and your altitude so contact Kosie swanepoel or ferroli to get it tuned.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi guys i got the car so i can drive now with it but wen i press the accelerater fast it dips befor it ref up and wen i let go to fast of the accelerater it dies so thanks for the advice papa jo still trying to learn how it works i got a map from a friend so thats why i can drive now reloaded his map so nu it just needs to be tuned dont know when cos im going to take the motor out to fit new std crank in so after that im ready for the dyno the cost in george is R1800 for a dyno how muct is yours
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi guys i got the car so i can drive now with it but wen i press the accelerater fast it dips befor it ref up and wen i let go to fast of the accelerater it dies so thanks for the advice papa jo still trying to learn how it works i got a map from a friend so thats why i can drive now reloaded his map so nu it just needs to be tuned dont know when cos im going to take the motor out to fit new std crank in so after that im ready for the dyno the cost in george is R1800 for a dyno how muct is yours
Donavan
Lieutenant
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Donavan »

R1800 !!!

Shop around abit, that seems abit expensive just for a tune.
Audi A4 B8 2.0T - Daily
Audi A3 8L 2.0T 20V - Race Car - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=205201
EX: Mk 1 2 Door - 2L 16V Turbo
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

@ golf dicktator, don’t go driving it like you stole it until you have it tuned properly as panic suggested.

Prices for tuning vary from tuner to tuner and also area where they are. Shop around like Donovan said. If none other available in your area, that is what you have to pay.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi guys looks like i have to pay that price for the dyno tune and i have to drive the car to the dyno its almost 200 km from were i am the car has a dip on low refs its like wen i press the paddel to fast it dies or i have to hold the clutch and wait for the refs to pic up and then let the clutch go and if i am driving in 5th gear and im presing the peddal past a point the car holds back and if i let go abit the car would pic up again i did go and look at the dicktator guide to how tune it more or less but i cant get it to work properly i just want it to ref up nicely if i can get that out of the way then i can drive it to the dyno im just scared something going wrong on my way to dyno thanks for your replys guys i like to read your stuff so i can learn more from you guys
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

golf dicktator wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm hi guys looks like i have to pay that price for the dyno tune and i have to drive the car to the dyno its almost 200 km from were i am the car has a dip on low refs its like wen i press the paddel to fast it dies or i have to hold the clutch and wait for the refs to pic up and then let the clutch go and if i am driving in 5th gear and im presing the peddal past a point the car holds back and if i let go abit the car would pic up again i did go and look at the dicktator guide to how tune it more or less but i cant get it to work properly i just want it to ref up nicely if i can get that out of the way then i can drive it to the dyno im just scared something going wrong on my way to dyno thanks for your replys guys i like to read your stuff so i can learn more from you guys
Pressing pedal fast down can be fuel or timing issue as that map is not tuned in for your motor. Holding back in 5th could be insufficient fuel at that part in map under load.

Best would be to get the car trailered to a tuner. Driving at lower speeds for 200km is an option, but I would advise against that. You could take a chance on a 20km drive to a tuner.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi papajo i have fiddel with my feul map and ignition map abit so i got the reffs much better now i can play with my paddel as i pull out of my garage and its driving much better now so now i just have to take out the motor and swap my new std crank and put in new cluch kit than im ready for the dyno
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

i just wana ask you guys i have swaped my 1.3 to 1.8 do i have to change my radiator also coz it looks like the radiator is to small now for driving 160km/h for abit and then my heat gage starts to go hi and wen i come back to 140km/h it wil come back to normal its like when the motor is under heavy load the heat gage will go up and the fan dont get the water cool enough
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

golf dicktator wrote:i just wana ask you guys i have swaped my 1.3 to 1.8 do i have to change my radiator also coz it looks like the radiator is to small now for driving 160km/h for abit and then my heat gage starts to go hi and wen i come back to 140km/h it wil come back to normal its like when the motor is under heavy load the heat gage will go up and the fan dont get the water cool enough
Golf 2 A/C radiator is 18cm longer than the STD citi radiator.

It will fit into the car with minor mods,

It needs a hole in the lower radiator support to locate it and new holes in the upper support for the top brackets.
You will also have to join some hoses to make them longer to get the pipes to fit from the motor to the radiator.
Change the thermostat to a slightly colder one like 82°. VW motors must have a thermostat, if someone suggests removing it, smack them because they are stupid.

The fan fits without any adjustments

PapaJo showed me this conversion and I took detailed pictures when I did it on my old CitiGolf. Look up my thread and you will see.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

missioner wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:34 pm
golf dicktator wrote:i just wana ask you guys i have swaped my 1.3 to 1.8 do i have to change my radiator also coz it looks like the radiator is to small now for driving 160km/h for abit and then my heat gage starts to go hi and wen i come back to 140km/h it wil come back to normal its like when the motor is under heavy load the heat gage will go up and the fan dont get the water cool enough
Golf 2 A/C radiator is 18cm longer than the STD citi radiator.

It will fit into the car with minor mods,

It needs a hole in the lower radiator support to locate it and new holes in the upper support for the top brackets.
You will also have to join some hoses to make them longer to get the pipes to fit from the motor to the radiator.
Change the thermostat to a slightly colder one like 82°. VW motors must have a thermostat, if someone suggests removing it, smack them because they are stupid.

The fan fits without any adjustments

PapaJo showed me this conversion and I took detailed pictures when I did it on my old CitiGolf. Look up my thread and you will see.
The hole in the lower radiator support, moving radiator holding brackets to new holes, extending /altering radiator hose lengths and you are done.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

thanks for the reply guys appreciate it wont the mk3 radiator fit into a mk1 coz i want to hook up the water pipes to my throtle the thin water hose that returns to the water bottle
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

You can route the thin water hose from radiator to tb and then from tb to the water bottle.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

golf dicktator wrote:thanks for the reply guys appreciate it wont the mk3 radiator fit into a mk1 coz i want to hook up the water pipes to my throtle the thin water hose that returns to the water bottle
Mk3 wont fit at all or at any time. The pipes are on the wrong side and its dimensions would make it a tight squeeze.

My Mk2 radiator.ImageImage
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

ok i see thanks for the pic bru will post update after the dyno next month cant wait to see wat power it will make std 1.8 golf with dicktator maybe i put a stas cam on it but the guys said its heavy on feul if i put cam on i have a 272 cam i think its a 272 cos it was on a 1.8 carb motor and it was not heavy on feul
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi guys i think im going to take the dicktator out and use mp9 just a question if i put in mp9 and the box is maped for 1.8 do i have to do dyno aswell or not?
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

golf dicktator wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:02 pm hi guys i think im going to take the dicktator out and use mp9 just a question if i put in mp9 and the box is maped for 1.8 do i have to do dyno aswell or not?
Taking Dicktator out as you cannot get to a tuner or nor prepared to pay the dyno price????

MP9 should work, provided all required for MP9 is installed and connected.

Remember a map is a map and is sometimes generic and will need a tweak or few to optimize for your car. The loaded map might just work, but not 100% perfect for your car.
golf dicktator
Enlisted

Post by golf dicktator »

hi papa jo i can get to a dyno tunner and i have the money for it but some guys told me that some times dicktator reset them selfs if you disconnect the battery and its heavy on feul most guys here is running mp9 and dont complain my kar is a daily runner but i want to show off sometimes with it its not for drag race and to go for mp9 is much cheaper for me as to go for a dyno i have n short loom and had my mp9 box decoded and load 1.8 map on it it cost me R600 im going to conect it myself i know how to the dyno cost me R1500+R600 for petrol wat do you think i should do if i know dicktator aint going to get me stuck on the road and is not heavy on feul after the dyno then i will go for dyno and sell my mp9 setup thanks for your replys i realy appreciate it
PöLö1.4...
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 11 months
Car Model: Polo Playa

Post by PöLö1.4... »

golf dicktator wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 am hi papa jo i can get to a dyno tunner and i have the money for it but some guys told me that some times dicktator reset them selfs if you disconnect the battery and its heavy on feul most guys here is running mp9 and dont complain my kar is a daily runner but i want to show off sometimes with it its not for drag race and to go for mp9 is much cheaper for me as to go for a dyno i have n short loom and had my mp9 box decoded and load 1.8 map on it it cost me R600 im going to conect it myself i know how to the dyno cost me R1500+R600 for petrol wat do you think i should do if i know dicktator aint going to get me stuck on the road and is not heavy on feul after the dyno then i will go for dyno and sell my mp9 setup thanks for your replys i realy appreciate it
Read this without taking a break to breathe :crazy: :lol:
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

PöLö1.4... wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:57 pm
golf dicktator wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:41 am hi papa jo i can get to a dyno tunner and i have the money for it but some guys told me that some times dicktator reset them selfs if you disconnect the battery and its heavy on feul most guys here is running mp9 and dont complain my kar is a daily runner but i want to show off sometimes with it its not for drag race and to go for mp9 is much cheaper for me as to go for a dyno i have n short loom and had my mp9 box decoded and load 1.8 map on it it cost me R600 im going to conect it myself i know how to the dyno cost me R1500+R600 for petrol wat do you think i should do if i know dicktator aint going to get me stuck on the road and is not heavy on feul after the dyno then i will go for dyno and sell my mp9 setup thanks for your replys i realy appreciate it
Read this without taking a break to breathe :crazy: :lol:
Any system if correctly tuned in and setup correctly will be light on fuel within its application and is also driver style dependent.

It’s up to you to use MP9 or Dicktator. Use what is cost effective for you and will give you the results you are looking for. Cheap now might or might not be the best solution for you now. You decide.

I have never came across a Dicktator ecu losing its program or resetting it.