FFZ issues

Sharadin
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

FFZ issues

Post by Sharadin »

Hi guys new to the forum, hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have a 2ltr 8 valve golf which has some work. Had my original 1.3 gearbox, which was quite strong but didn't last. Fitted an ffz box about 7 months ago and for the life of me I can't get it right. The main problem is there's oil leaking from God knows where onto the clutch. Removed the gearbox about 4 times now, replaced all the seals every time. Took it out about 2 months ago, replaced the bell housing, replaced all the seals, tikki seal, new push rod, LUK clutch kit, drove for about a week, and that was 3 grand down the drain, back to square one. A guy told me that there's 2 types of push rod, one with heated ends or something like that, not sure if that's the problem, any help would be greatly appreciated
Lnrathan
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: FFZ issues

Post by Lnrathan »

Did u replace rear main seal on block?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sharadin
Enlisted

Post by Sharadin »

Yes i did, but every time we took the gearbox out that seal was dry, no signs of oil leaking from there
Lnrathan
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Post by Lnrathan »

Then look at the bellhousing u replaced that it's not cracked

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sharadin
Enlisted

Post by Sharadin »

Bell housing is almost brand new, don't know whether to just sell the gearbox or what
n.gov3
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years

Post by n.gov3 »

I'm assuming that it's gearbox oil that is leaking.....Did you replace the brass bush behind the tikki seal ?

Bush is possibly worn out which results in the rod not being centered, which then damages the tikki seal.
Sharadin
Enlisted

Post by Sharadin »

Hi, are you talking about the spigot shaft seal, if yes, it was replaced, also replaced releaser bearing