2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG "'ERROR WORKSHOP ONLY LEAVE VEHICLE IN P POSITION' message

NISHON007
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Re: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG "'ERROR WORKSHOP ONLY LEAVE VEHICLE IN P POSITION' message

Post by NISHON007 »

Hi All.. Apologies on posting on an old thread.
I'm new to the forum.

I have a 2018 Polo GTI 2.0T. I'm also getting this error.
Took it to VW Midrand and they saying they can't find a fault.. Does anyone know which VW is aware of this issue? I really don't want to go back to VW Midrand.. I don't think they really clued up.

Thanks
NISHON007
Enlisted

Re: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG "'ERROR WORKSHOP ONLY LEAVE VEHICLE IN P POSITION' message

Post by NISHON007 »

Hi All.. Apologies on posting on an old thread.
I'm new to the forum.

Took it to VW Midrand and they saying they can't find a fault.. Does anyone know which VW is aware of this issue? I really don't want to go back to VW Midrand.. I don't think they really clued up.

Thanks
PoloRolo
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Golf 7.5 R-Line

Post by PoloRolo »

NISHON007 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:45 pm Hi All.. Apologies on posting on an old thread.
I'm new to the forum.

Thanks
I took mine to VW Bryanston. I took a pic of the error and showed the technician as proof.
NISHON007
Enlisted

Post by NISHON007 »

Thank you.

After sending a strongly worded email to VWSA I got a call back from the service manager of VW Midrand asking me to bring it in again. I will take it tomorrow. Will give them 1 last change or else will book it with VW Bryanston
Niknaks
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 6 months

Post by Niknaks »

Hi,
I have a 2015 Polo tsi Highline DSG.
The car is just 5 years old and has not even done 50000 km! I also have the 'ERROR WORKSHOP ONLY LEAVE VEHICLE IN P POSITION' problem.
I have read many posts from all over the world and can not believe that VW is happy with this kind of quality.
JF_Reis
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 11 months

Post by JF_Reis »

Hey guys, sorry for posting on an old thread. I'm having the same issue and I drive a 2015 polo 1.2 TSI DSG and the error message pops up and disappears so fast that I have no chance to really read it. From what I've gathered it's the same message everyone else is getting here. Can anyone tell me what VW has done to fix this? Is it the gear selector switch, is it the mechatronics, or something else?

I serviced my gearbox about a year ago as well and regularly service the car at VW. The car is sitting on 73xxxkm at the moment.

I'd appreciate any feedback.
dcmk4
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTi

Post by dcmk4 »

JF_Reis wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:55 am Hey guys, sorry for posting on an old thread. I'm having the same issue and I drive a 2015 polo 1.2 TSI DSG and the error message pops up and disappears so fast that I have no chance to really read it. From what I've gathered it's the same message everyone else is getting here. Can anyone tell me what VW has done to fix this? Is it the gear selector switch, is it the mechatronics, or something else?

I serviced my gearbox about a year ago as well and regularly service the car at VW. The car is sitting on 73xxxkm at the moment.

I'd appreciate any feedback.
It's a common fault with the park position microswitch/sensor. It thinks the car is in park and moving.
The only real way to resolve it would be to change the entire gear selector in the cabin however it doesn't cause issues with the warning appearing.

For the cost of a new selector and labour to change it, it's something I have just learnt to live with flashing up every now and then.
'14 Golf Mk7 GTI
THANAS STG/// ECU&DSG
Littco L380x
All the ponies