Polo 1.2 engine problem

SenzoJ
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Polo 1.2 engine problem

Post by SenzoJ »

Hello guys, i have a 2014 VW Polo 1.2 highline. I bought the car new, after the 75kms service i started noticing high oil consumption, later on there was jerking under load and thereafter smoking during the jerking. I then decided to take the car in, now at 108kms, for repairs to VW barons Durban, after stripping the engine they told me that all 4 pistons have worn out and that valve seals have been damaged and all that has to be replaced. What i want to find out from you guys is whether anyone knows of any goodwill repiar offered by VWsa on this issue? Thank you in advance for your responses.
Greenz
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: Ford
Car Model: Focus ST

Re: Polo 1.2 engine problem

Post by Greenz »

Did you drive it with issues until 108k?
2010 ST225 - 238kw 439nm
SenzoJ
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Polo 1.2 engine problem

Post by SenzoJ »

Yes i drove the car to 108kms, not with issues per se. you need to understand that what i am talking about on my post is a summary of a sequence of events over time, which is not detailed with specifics. The 1st time i had to top up oil was after the 75k kms service around 3500kms to the 90k kms service and when i got to the 90k kms service and asked at vw why i had to top up inbetween services i was told the car is aging as a result it should be expected. After that i think i topped up like 3 times towards the 105kms. At this time it was only the oil consumption that had me concerned and continued to talk to vw hoopers durban they said i should remind em when i bring the car in for the 105k kms service they will do a diagnostic test and tell me what is wrong, but after the service i was told that they could find nothing wrong. Thereafter i started having to top up with every fuel fill up and the jerking started and a smoking during a jerk so i jst took the car to another dealership Vw barons durban to have a look at it since the other dealership was not giving my anything in respect of the emerging problem. See it has been a process and there have been no warning lights whats so ever.