Polo 6C GTI DSG Stage 1

neil_fladderak
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 9 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 6C 1.8 GTI DSG

Polo 6C GTI DSG Stage 1

Post by neil_fladderak »

Hi, there was wondering if anybody can help in giving more info on if it's worth it to do stage 1 software on my 2017 Polo 6c GTI DSG, where would the best place be to go (Im based in Western Cape) and would i have to worry about my DSG or the Clutches not being able to handle the extra grunt provided?

Thanks guys :hi:
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- 152kw 282nm on flywheel at Dynotech (runs were without below mention hardware)
- RoguePerformance 76mm Dp
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
'17 Polo 6C 1.2TSI Highline Manual WRC Inspired (Stage 1 Tuned, TWEEK CAI, Powerflow cat-back exhaust) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=212395&p=2569296#p2569296
'06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline (Stock)
'05 Corsa 1.6 Sport (Stock)
8VALVE-zn
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
Car Make: VW Golf 1
Car Model: 2.0 h8 valve

Re: Polo 6C GTI DSG Stage 1

Post by 8VALVE-zn »

CPI does plug & play units for these models, a good place to start will be your local CPi dealer.
2000 Golf 1 Chico- CRANKCASE [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported & chopped by Fastcar, 288 Estas Billet, 4-2-1 43mm Brospeed Branch, 50mm-57mm-63mm Exhaust] + THE PART (2B1 speacials) -Final power @ Autotrix 111wkw & 210wnm :drool: :evil:

2007 Velociti- WHITEWALKER [Std 2.0 bottom end, head gas flowed,ported, valve swirled, 276 Estas, 4-2-1 Branch, 57mm piping from front to back] :oops: :drool:
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

8VALVE-zn wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:09 pm CPI does plug & play units for these models, a good place to start will be your local CPi dealer.
Will pop them an email and find out a bit more on the plug n play units thanks :hi: I did 2 power runs at Dynotech the other day in stock form with only a resonator and muffler delete and the car made a healthy 152kw and 282nm compared to the supposedly expected 141kw and 250nm :crazy: Was pleasantly surprised to say the least :troll:
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- 152kw 282nm on flywheel at Dynotech (runs were without below mention hardware)
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
'17 Polo 6C 1.2TSI Highline Manual WRC Inspired (Stage 1 Tuned, TWEEK CAI, Powerflow cat-back exhaust) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=212395&p=2569296#p2569296
FanMan
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 10 months
Car Model: Polo 1.9 Tdi

Post by FanMan »

Yes I agree, CPI has a good reputation and if I'm not mistaken they running a special now or had one for down-pipe and software for like R5k. Or was it some other tuner ? Hmm, cant remember. But check them out on Fb , https://www.facebook.com/CPICPT/

Even JP Motorsports a rep for RK Motion is also good, but i think they more into Diesels. But you can check them out, https://www.facebook.com/jpmotorsportsa/

you can also check out this vid on youtube to get your adrenalin pumping and excited. :driving:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvtDXakDlfw
Current : VW Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline Big Turbo :driving:
https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=216892

Previouse : :cool:
1. Vw Beetle 1.4 1974
2. Vw Beetle 1.6 1982
3. Opel Corsa Utility 1.4i 1999
4. Vw Golf City Sport 1.4i 2009
5. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Highline 2007
6. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline
7. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Classic
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 4 months
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Post by jaunrothner »

neil_fladderak wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:28 pm
8VALVE-zn wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:09 pm CPI does plug & play units for these models, a good place to start will be your local CPi dealer.
Will pop them an email and find out a bit more on the plug n play units thanks :hi: I did 2 power runs at Dynotech the other day in stock form with only a resonator and muffler delete and the car made a healthy 152kw and 282nm compared to the supposedly expected 141kw and 250nm :crazy: Was pleasantly surprised to say the least :troll:
Wow...All this power from only a muffler and resonator delete?
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

jaunrothner wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 pm Wow...All this power from only a muffler and resonator delete?
I think my car was made on a wednesday :driving: , cause i stopped at a robot with another white 6c gti dsg and i smoked him from the get go, and that was the day after i got my car when it still had the standard exhaust, theres no way according to my knowledge that a resonator and muffler delete will give 11kw and 30nm gains.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

Here's the Dyno Results from the 2 power runs at Dynotech in Brackenfell, Western Cape from 3 weeks ago:

Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
jaunrothner
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 4 months
Car Model: 2016 Polo GTi DSG (6C

Post by jaunrothner »

neil_fladderak wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 pm
jaunrothner wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:42 pm Wow...All this power from only a muffler and resonator delete?
I think my car was made on a wednesday :driving: , cause i stopped at a robot with another white 6c gti dsg and i smoked him from the get go, and that was the day after i got my car when it still had the standard exhaust, theres no way according to my knowledge that a resonator and muffler delete will give 11kw and 30nm gains.
Maybe the previous owner tweaked the car a bit as well :crazy:
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

jaunrothner wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 am Maybe the previous owner tweaked the car a bit as well :crazy:
Doubtful, my car was in for warranty repairs so if there was software done to it, the dealer would have notified me that they can't do warranty work
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

So i contacted CPI and they said they can do a plug n play unit on my car and it's undetectable by vw, how true is that? I don't want to risk my warranty :(
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

If you can't risk your warranty then don't mod.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:56 am If you can't risk your warranty then don't mod.
This isn't answering my question about the plug n play unit being undetectable or not.
Warranty expires start of next year so will defs start fully modding, but for now just want something simple that'll increase power a bit.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Ok so let's change this into a morals thread instead of whether it is detectable of not.
What you are asking is if it is morally correct to modify your car or not.
So the plan is - you want to mod - but want to be able to claim if it goes wrong. YES?
SO basically it means you will lie when it goes bang. and you'll be Ok with that?.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 am Ok so let's change this into a morals thread instead of whether it is detectable of not.
What you are asking is if it is morally correct to modify your car or not.
So the plan is - you want to mod - but want to be able to claim if it goes wrong. YES?
SO basically it means you will lie when it goes bang. and you'll be Ok with that?.
Not Entirely, it's more a case of, i've had issues with my gearbox with no mods already, i know the car can handle said mods (plug n play) as i have a lot of friends who have done it with the same model car and gearbox, but i'm paranoid that my gearbox gives the same issues again which is not a result of the car having more than stock form power.

This lack of faith is a result of VW not being able to tell me what caused the gearbox to break the way it did, I hope this makes sense?
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Yes perfectly. All your friends are happy to lie when their cars fail due to mods. :wink:
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm Yes perfectly. All your friends are happy to lie when their cars fail due to mods. :wink:

The first thing they do is ask for advice and explain what failed in our group :)
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

It's pretty simple. Piggyback / plug and play devices are not easily detectable unless the car records things like max boost levels etc.
So stick it in your car and live with the moral question of whether you will claim if it fails. To that my answer always have and always will be - put your big boy pants on when the thing conks out and foot the bill - don't try to claim it from warranty. But hey - morals are at an all time low - so who cares.
You pay for it right?. like insurance - nobody lies on their insurance claim do they. Because that is equal to fraud. Yes?.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:26 pm It's pretty simple. Piggyback / plug and play devices are not easily detectable unless the car records things like max boost levels etc.
So stick it in your car and live with the moral question of whether you will claim if it fails. To that my answer always have and always will be - put your big boy pants on when the thing conks out and foot the bill - don't try to claim it from warranty. But hey - morals are at an all time low - so who cares.
You pay for it right?. like insurance - nobody lies on their insurance claim do they. Because that is equal to fraud. Yes?.
True, and i don't mind paying for something that failed cause of mods that i've done, i'll happily pay the bills for the repairs, but do you think they will fix something under warranty that has failed in the passed even before the car was modded now with said mods? Thats the big question.

You will be surprised how many people lie on insurance claims and commit fraud just to save their own asses from big repair bills :crazy: . I for one haven't and won't ever do such a thing.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Then no worries. Install your plug and play and remember to tell VW when something fails to make sure it was not due to the non-detectable piggyback you had on. Which is why it needs to be non-detectable right. So you can do the honest thing.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

HendrikCTI
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by HendrikCTI »

If your gearbox was unreliable in stock form, I would not do the mod and put more stress on it. But that is just me.
My cars: 2004 Nissan Almera 1.6
1977 Datsun 1200GX
(100% FULLY restored, 13" mags fitted)
Wife's car: 2019 Suzuki Ciaz
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

HendrikCTI wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm If your gearbox was unreliable in stock form, I would not do the mod and put more stress on it. But that is just me.
The failure happened just short of a month after i bought the car, so not sure if it was something i did or from the previous guy who drove it for VW at the factory as they said it was a factory demo and only used by one person till i bought it. The car has been running 100% so far since march now. I'll probably go the JB4 route at the end of the year when my warranty expires if my gearbox hasn't given any issues up until that point.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm Then no worries. Install your plug and play and remember to tell VW when something fails to make sure it was not due to the non-detectable piggyback you had on. Which is why it needs to be non-detectable right. So you can do the honest thing.
Mate I would really appreciate normal replies as opposed to your sarcastic replies, if you can't respond in a normal way than rather don't reply to this topic at all.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex:
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place

Post by panic-mechanic »

Ok here it is without sarcasm. Nobody asks if something is not detectable if you are not wanting to hide the fact that it is/was installed.
If it didn't bother you and you don't care about the warranty then you would not care if it was discovered. The truth is that you doubt that you can afford to fix it without warranty when / if something goes wrong. So once more, if you need the warranty to be intact then don't mod your car.
It is simply outright and straight dishonesty and tantamount to theft/fraud and there is way too much of that going on. The fact that a lot of people do it does not make it right and it's also part of the reason why maintenance plans / warranty options are so damn expensive and why it is sometimes so hard to get stuff Ok'ed at claim time these days.
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'05 Touareg v10

FanMan
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 10 months
Car Model: Polo 1.9 Tdi

Post by FanMan »

Just wait for the warranty to expire next year. You have been driving it this long without the extra power. :driving:

And when the warranty expires go all out, with Down-pipe and Software, :evil:
Current : VW Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline Big Turbo :driving:
https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=216892

Previouse : :cool:
1. Vw Beetle 1.4 1974
2. Vw Beetle 1.6 1982
3. Opel Corsa Utility 1.4i 1999
4. Vw Golf City Sport 1.4i 2009
5. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Highline 2007
6. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline
7. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Classic
neil_fladderak
Cadet

Post by neil_fladderak »

panic-mechanic wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:53 pm Ok here it is without sarcasm. Nobody asks if something is not detectable if you are not wanting to hide the fact that it is/was installed.
If it didn't bother you and you don't care about the warranty then you would not care if it was discovered. The truth is that you doubt that you can afford to fix it without warranty when / if something goes wrong. So once more, if you need the warranty to be intact then don't mod your car.
It is simply outright and straight dishonesty and tantamount to theft/fraud and there is way too much of that going on. The fact that a lot of people do it does not make it right and it's also part of the reason why maintenance plans / warranty options are so damn expensive and why it is sometimes so hard to get stuff Ok'ed at claim time these days.
I agree with you 100%, I won't be able to afford it if something goes wrong out of warranty this year so i'll wait till my warranty expires next year.
Current:
'17 Polo 6C GTI DSG
- Stock ECU/TCU Software
- Stealth Atom 2 CAI
Ex: