Vw Polo Trendline - Knocking sound on front and back

h4ck3r8ug5
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Vw Polo Trendline - Knocking sound on front and back

Post by h4ck3r8ug5 »

Hi guys,

So 3 weeks ago, I heard a knocking sound when going over a bumpy road or over speed humps at my work (the bane of my existence right now).
So I did some research and called VW and various places for quotes on front and rearshocks. SuperQuick did the front and initially the sound went away after the first week, the suspension felt a lot stiffer too. It was nice.

Long story short, I took my car in for the same noise on my rearshocks and they replaced them but the noise is worse - same knocking sound.
Do rear shocks have a mounting that needs replacing too like the front shock mounts ? I've already laid out R5k on front and back shocks and the problem is still not solved!

Thanks for the help
Charles
riyaadh47
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Re: Vw Polo Trendline - Knocking sound on front and back

Post by riyaadh47 »

Hey, I have the same problem with my Polo Vivo 1.4 Trendline. I took it to VW to check it out and they said it's the Lower Control Arms that's worn out and needs replacing. It will cost me R2900 to fix. My knocking sound only comes from the front however. It's a good idea to have that checked out as well. When you turn, does it make any knocking sounds?