golf 7 six speed gearbox faulty syncro

micky69
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

golf 7 six speed gearbox faulty syncro

Post by micky69 »

hi im michael .retired mercedes technician from 1970......... my son got a golf 7gti 6 speed 53000km ,, few weeks ago gears jammed in neutral,....... dealer tried to repair it. got it back with no 5th and 6th gear,, vw not prepared to help,then took car top gearbox place in jhb well known , removed box,stripped down , found 3RD TO 4TH GEAR SYNCRO SLEEVE DOG TOOTH BROKEN OFF!!!!!!! AND JAMMED IN 5TH TO 6TH GEAR SELECTOR FORK, i have never ever seen this before,i spoke to a top vw engineer at this gearbox place, took photos,etc and it looks like a defect in the casting of the syncro tooth, has anyone had this problem???? michael got car back at one big cost ,letter from vw stated 1/ car out of warranty 2. not at dealer,3. my gearbox place in jhb not reccognised as a vw repair place,although they do work for lots of vw dealers 4. the item that broke is not in the vw tech bulletin as a re occuring problem any one ever heard of this type problem pictures available
micky69
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years

Re: golf 7 six speed gearbox faulty syncro

Post by micky69 »

michael here again,golf 7 gti 2013 again ,my car cut out , non starter,at 66500km,this time after 4 d ays of testing and diagnosing, found COOLANT SHUT OFF VALVE!!!!! connector plug CORROSSION!!!! water from valve leaks in to connector to inside wiring harness almost to ECU next to battery, this cost me a lot of money to repair, i feel there should have been a recall on this issue, as they had same problem on AUDI A8 and BMW i8 to it would be a good idea to check the connector plug on COOLANT SHUT OFF VALVE as image car cutting out at high speed!!!!! :fear: :eek: :crazy: