moe46664
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo

Motorplan / Warranty Advice

Post by moe46664 »

So I am in the process of buying Brotiforms 2012 CC 3.6 DSG 4motion :crazy:

The motorplan on the vehicle expires in September this year. I called VW, apparently, they can't extend the motorplan if the vehicle is over 5 years.
Bummer.

So, does anyone here know what motorplan / warranty I can take out. Particularly one that is easy to claim from in the event of anything mechanical going wrong. An extended motorplan would be nice, I just dont know which ones to trust on Google.

Basically I need the best hassle free plan thats going to cover me for the next 2 - 3 years. Also something that will cover anything issues relating to DSG etc. A huge plus if services are included in the plan as well.
aristo92
Cadet
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Model: Golf MK7 GTI IS20H
Membership No: 3133

Re: Motorplan / Warranty Advice

Post by aristo92 »

Try Liquid Capital or Motor Happy, a friend of mine is a Key Accounts Manager for them deals with Dealerships for their service and maintenance plans.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk
Regards, Armand.

Rides Thread: viewtopic.php?p=2577126#p2577126
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

moe46664 wrote:The motorplan on the vehicle expires in September this year. I called VW, apparently, they can't extend the motorplan if the vehicle is over 5 years.
You can extend, as long as the current plan is active. If it expires in Sept, you can extend before that. Try another dealership..... That's what I did with mine. Try Motorite as well.
moe46664
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo Vivo

Post by moe46664 »

Okay hundreds - any dealership in JHB you recommend I call?
Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Membership No: 2033

Post by Howie-WP »

moe46664 wrote:Okay hundreds - any dealership in JHB you recommend I call?
Not sure as I am not in JHB and also not aware of how they would do the extension with them not selling the car (all my extensions where done when buying the car)

Contact Motorite, they have different policies applicable while car is still within original plan.

Others can comment on Jhb dealers......
joesNina
Enlisted

Post by joesNina »

Sorry for hijacking. I am also looking at getting an 'aftermarket' warranty and service plan. I am terrified of surprises the next time I take my car in for a service. I am going to do my 120 000 km soon and that is the last service that it covered by my OEM service plan.

Any suggetions? Theres so many out there and I dont know what is trust worthy.

I dont get why VW just doesnt extended after 5 years.
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,
Membership No: missing

Post by vwpro »

I deal with a lot of car warrenties, motorite is full of crap specially if its private and not via a big motor dealer, when it get a to big claim and car have a lot of kilos on the clock, the payout is not worth it, best 1 so far is SA Warrenties, take the top up extra on the motor plan and it pay out better, think they arround R500p/m for policy with top up.
:troll:
kingr
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Car Make: VW, Mini, Slowyota
Car Model: Mk1 2 Door, Hilux D/C
Membership No: 3337

Post by kingr »

You will have to do your own homework on a policy you want to take & make sure you understand the financial contrubution the policy makes towards specific claims. As an example, I can't see an aftermarket policy easily paying in full for a dsg mechatronics replacement. 20k plus repair.

Try a quote from Hollard as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Kurt #3337

Current:
- 10" Mx5 NC2 (main daily)
- 12" Toyota Hilux D/C 2.5tdi 4x4 (tow car / vacay)
- 2020 Mini Cooper S Clubman (swambo)
- 80" VW Mk1 2 Door Golf 8vt project 192wkw/314nm

Ex: 07" G5 GTi, 13" ST180, 03" Mk4 2 door 1.8T Stage 2, 07" Velo 1.6, 83" Mk1 GT 2.0 8v MP9, 87" Mk1 1.6 CitiSport, 88" Mk2 2.0 16v, 83" Mk1 GT 1.6 + 40 webers
vwpro
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Car Make: Audi Quatro, polo Beast and A3
Car Model: S3, Polo Playa,

Post by vwpro »

kingr wrote:You will have to do your own homework on a policy you want to take & make sure you understand the financial contrubution the policy makes towards specific claims. As an example, I can't see an aftermarket policy easily paying in full for a dsg mechatronics replacement. 20k plus repair.

Try a quote from Hollard as well.

I can promise you there are not 1 aftermarket policy that will pay in full on a item you mentioned above, best is get quotes and written proof whats claimable at what amount
:troll:
Reegz
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Membership No: 1400

Post by Reegz »

I second what the chaps are saying about calling other dealerships. My Golf was a used car purchased through a non-VW dealer. I called Barons Woodmead and they happily extended the plan.

However, having said that you need to take into account how much distance you're going to put on the car and what you expect to break in that time. I don't think I got any value out of my plan and would have likely been better off putting that money into the bond and using it should something have happened to the car.

And it was that reason that I didn't extend the plan when we bought the Jetta - just wasn't worth the cost.

Do your homework and make a decision that suits your risk appetite.

NB: I'm not at all recommending Barons Woodmead. They're kak. Go elsewhere.
2016 Golf 7 Tyre Devourer
2012 Touran 2.0 TDI Comfortline
---- Ex ----
2012 Golf 6 GTi Edition 35 - RIP :-(
2012 Jetta 6 1.4 Comfortline - SOLD
2004 Ducati Monster 400 - SOLD
[2002 Polo Playa 1.6 2.0l - Sold
2008 Honda CBR 600RR - SOLD
2006 Honda CBR 600RR Movistar - Gone to Heaven
1996 Citi Golf CTi - SOLD
joesNina
Enlisted

Post by joesNina »

Thanks for the advise guys. I have a 1.4 Polo Vivo so repair/replacement costs wont be as expensive as something with a DSG.

I went into my VW and spoke to my service adviser and he said he deals alot with Motorite and Eqstra (due to customers extending it with these companies) and they dont seem to be giving much hassle.

I will have a look at SA Warranties and will also check with him if he has dealt and what his experiences have been with them.
kingr
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Car Make: VW, Mini, Slowyota
Car Model: Mk1 2 Door, Hilux D/C
Membership No: 3337

Post by kingr »

joesNina wrote:Thanks for the advise guys. I have a 1.4 Polo Vivo so repair/replacement costs wont be as expensive as something with a DSG.

I went into my VW and spoke to my service adviser and he said he deals alot with Motorite and Eqstra (due to customers extending it with these companies) and they dont seem to be giving much hassle.

I will have a look at SA Warranties and will also check with him if he has dealt and what his experiences have been with them.
Do remember it is at the service advisors best interest to say "no hassles", a dealership will never say something to steer customers away from spending money at their dealership.

I called VW Tokia yesterday asking about experience dealing wit "motorite" & their response was the same as what you experienced.

Kurt #3337

Current:
- 10" Mx5 NC2 (main daily)
- 12" Toyota Hilux D/C 2.5tdi 4x4 (tow car / vacay)
- 2020 Mini Cooper S Clubman (swambo)
- 80" VW Mk1 2 Door Golf 8vt project 192wkw/314nm

Ex: 07" G5 GTi, 13" ST180, 03" Mk4 2 door 1.8T Stage 2, 07" Velo 1.6, 83" Mk1 GT 2.0 8v MP9, 87" Mk1 1.6 CitiSport, 88" Mk2 2.0 16v, 83" Mk1 GT 1.6 + 40 webers
MrMazda
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by MrMazda »

Bottom line is read the contract. I've had Hollard MP before and was satisfied with the service. had a few claims fuel pump, battery, etc etc. The guys I know who had hassles with Motorite was due to mods, they did not read the contract.
CitiTec
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 4 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: 03 Mk4 3dr

Post by CitiTec »

Would it be wiser to go via the dealership or deal directly with the underwriters/insurance companies?
Current
2003 Tornado Red Mk4 Golf 3door
Ex:
1983 White Mk1 Golf GT
2002 Blue Anthracite 1.4i Citi Golf
IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED IN MOTOR RACING.TAKE UP GOLF.
MrMazda
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 7 months

Post by MrMazda »

I've always gone through the dealer for the simple reason that they are then involved from day one and if crap happens they can't point fingers.
Wolfburger
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 11 months
Car Model: 6C Cross Polo

Post by Wolfburger »

Thread Revive

Whats up gents so a mate of mine managed to get a clean 09 "BWA" spec with FSH @ RMI workshops his looking at some sort of extended motor warranty options either between Msure, Motorite, Motor Riteand possibly Holland, however the car he purchased has some mods like Coilovers, stage 1 revo and HID's but thats about it as it was purchased like that.

Most waranty companies has this long list of things they do not cover - so his question is - will it better to strip the car stock then take the policy out and if so what type of mods can be done for the fine print not to be activated and claims rejected.

and any aftermarket maintenance plans recommended :deadhorse:
Current: 2015 6C Cross Polo TSI(Honey Orange) - Ginger
2009 Golf 5 GTI DSG - OEM Look - Sold
2007 Polo 9N3 Black Magic - Sold
1998 Bottle Green Jetta VR6 Executive - So
ld
Admin to : https://www.facebook.com/pg/ScenePointsSa
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

The best would be to pose those questions to the companies you are considering.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Ram013
Cadet
Registered for: 5 years 8 months
Car Model: Allspace 2.0 TSI Highline

Post by Ram013 »

Wolfburger wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 pm Thread Revive

Whats up gents so a mate of mine managed to get a clean 09 "BWA" spec with FSH @ RMI workshops his looking at some sort of extended motor warranty options either between Msure, Motorite, Motor Riteand possibly Holland, however the car he purchased has some mods like Coilovers, stage 1 revo and HID's but thats about it as it was purchased like that.

Most waranty companies has this long list of things they do not cover - so his question is - will it better to strip the car stock then take the policy out and if so what type of mods can be done for the fine print not to be activated and claims rejected.

and any aftermarket maintenance plans recommended :deadhorse:
I use Motorite - options formula monthly warranty, pricing is dependent on age/mileage of vehicle. One of the exclusions is "Modifications which have not been approved by the vehicle manufacturer". I guess it will depend on how lenient the dealership is but there's obviously some risk.
Ex:
'09 Mk5 GTI DSG(My definition of happiness)
'02 Polo Classic 1.6
'98 Fiesta 1.3(Ford, never again)
'90 Sentra 1.3
2SCOOPS
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by 2SCOOPS »

I had an innovation warranty on my golf 6 gti - 3 claims totaling to about R25000 were approved in the 12 months of owning the car.
Current:
2012 VW Golf 6R DSG
2011 BMW E90 320d M Sport Auto
Ex
2009 VW Golf 5 GTI DSG
2014 VW Golf 7 Gti
2010 Honda Civic Type R - Championship Edition
2011 VW Golf 6 GTI DSG
2003 RunX RSi(RIP) :weep:
1998 Civic VTEC