GTI8V
Enlisted
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK2 GTI 8V
Membership No: missing

Flat spot on golf with MP9

Post by GTI8V »

I have a Golf GTi 87 model with a short block 2 litre motor (2 litre crank 1800 con rods with 2.0 litre polo 'c' head) with mp9 fuel injection, polo inlet manifold and throttle body! :twisted: the system has been working well for about 2 years, but has developed a flat spot and loss of torque :cry: , can anyone assist me either with testing of fuel injection conponents or point me in the right direction of someone who can.

your help will be much appreciated :)

GTI8V
MacMan
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
Membership No: 478

Re: Flat spot on golf with MP9

Post by MacMan »

GTI8V wrote:I have a Golf GTi 87 model with a short block 2 litre motor (2 litre crank 1800 con rods with 2.0 litre polo 'c' head) with mp9 fuel injection, polo inlet manifold and throttle body! :twisted: the system has been working well for about 2 years, but has developed a flat spot and loss of torque :cry: , can anyone assist me either with testing of fuel injection conponents or point me in the right direction of someone who can.

your help will be much appreciated :)

GTI8V
are you going to be at the dyno day tomorrow? If you are I can have a look at it with the VAG for you. Could be your throttle body or maybe MAP sensor. Could also be timing.
'20 SEAT Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
'12 VW Up! 1.0 MPi

Ex:
'06 Golf MKV GTi
'04 Golf MKIV GTi.:R
'99 Citi Golf 2.0i

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
GTI8V
Enlisted
Registered for: 21 years 2 months
Car Model: MK2 GTI 8V

Post by GTI8V »

where is the dyno day being held and what time ??

I have tried another throttle body, and cleaned the map sensor allready but maby if yiou put it on the VAG it can tell us something
MacMan
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Car Make: SEAT
Car Model: Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
Membership No: 478

Post by MacMan »

GTI8V wrote:where is the dyno day being held and what time ??

I have tried another throttle body, and cleaned the map sensor allready but maby if yiou put it on the VAG it can tell us something

http://vwclub.co.za/vwforum/viewtopic.php?t=16676

If you decide to come, look for the Golf in my avatar (dark blue MK1 with VeloCiti wheels). My name is Shaun. Come say hi at the dyno day and we can have a look at your problem. 8)
'20 SEAT Tarraco XC 1.5 TSi
'12 VW Up! 1.0 MPi

Ex:
'06 Golf MKV GTi
'04 Golf MKIV GTi.:R
'99 Citi Golf 2.0i

Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
GTI'er
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 6 months
Car Model: 1992 Mk2 Golf GTi 1800 8V

Re:

Post by GTI'er »

GTI8V wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:04 pm where is the dyno day being held and what time ??

Hi,

So what was the issue in the end?
Current: Red 1992 Mk2 GTi 1800 8V OEM
Current: White 1992 Mk2 GTi 2.0L 16V AAL Exec OEM

Ex: White 1991 Mk2 GTi 2.0L 16V AAL
Ex: Blue 1991 Mk2 GTi 1800 8V