It's unbelievable-SAC

Howie-WP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 2033

Re: It's unbelievable-SAC

Post by Howie-WP »

Manelo wrote:Hahaha!!!LOL.It was not for free.I have done it about 5 times with them and i always pay about R200.
OK, so now they obviously don't do power runs? Phone them and ask what a power run costs? If they say R200, then go round and tell them GF.A! There loss..... go elsewhere.
Manelo
Cadet
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Manelo »

Howie-WP wrote:
Manelo wrote:Hahaha!!!LOL.It was not for free.I have done it about 5 times with them and i always pay about R200.
OK, so now they obviously don't do power runs? Phone them and ask what a power run costs? If they say R200, then go round and tell them GF.A! There loss..... go elsewhere.
They do power runs but just cant do mine cos i dont give it to them to fix.My guess is that their hands are itching to touch it under the hood.
ShardOfJade
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 11 months
Car Make: Alfa Romeo, VW
Car Model: 147 Selespeed, Jetta 3
Membership No: missing

Post by ShardOfJade »

Sorry to be the dissenter here, but...

I know everyone is up in arms about them. I have to admit that they did some good work on my Astra a few years back. That was Kyalami Branch, too. The guy I worked with isn't there anymore but he was really good at customer service. I got a car for the day or however long they had my car for. I did quite a bit of work with them and was happy with the results. I know that I paid a premium for the work and could have gotten it done much cheaper but there was nothing wrong with their work. My ex-baby was super efficient after the head work they did on it.

Then on the other hand they did tell me there was nothing wrong with the twinnie in my 147 and it had a big end failure 2K Km later. Then again, they also didn’t open anything up, but they didn’t charge me anything either. I wouldn’t think of taking the 147 to them EVER, because they clearly don’t know Alfa’s.
Current Cars:
Jetta 3
164 3L Super
147 Selespeed

Past cars:
Astra 180IE
Monza
Kadet
Golf Mk1 GTS
FanMan
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.9 Tdi

Post by FanMan »

Ok, so after browsing some forums I came across this post, I know its old but I would like to give my opinion on SAC Nelspruit or SAC in general. :cool:

After searching high and low for companies tuning cars here in Nelspruit SAC was top of the list when searching. So I went to them did Software and De-Cat on my Polo 1.9 Tdi. Only to find out after I have done this and wasted my money that SAC overcharged me... Software R7000 (Stage 1) De-Cat R1000. Other company I found here in Nelspruit the Stage 2 software is R1000 cheaper. And best of all the software is copy and paste.... Unfortunately I only realized this once I have done my car at SAC. Needless to say I have to redo software now.. :twisted:

Morel of the story do your research before doing anything to your vehicle... :bang:

I wont recommend them to anyone at all.
IF YOU SEE SAC DROP A GEAR AND PEDAL TO THE MEDAL IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. :driving:
Current : VW Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline Big Turbo :driving:
https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=216892

Previouse : :cool:
1. Vw Beetle 1.4 1974
2. Vw Beetle 1.6 1982
3. Opel Corsa Utility 1.4i 1999
4. Vw Golf City Sport 1.4i 2009
5. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Highline 2007
6. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline
7. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Classic
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

Post by Pik Sooter »

FanMan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm Ok, so after browsing some forums I came across this post, I know its old but I would like to give my opinion on SAC Nelspruit or SAC in general. :cool:

After searching high and low for companies tuning cars here in Nelspruit SAC was top of the list when searching. So I went to them did Software and De-Cat on my Polo 1.9 Tdi. Only to find out after I have done this and wasted my money that SAC overcharged me... Software R7000 (Stage 1) De-Cat R1000. Other company I found here in Nelspruit the Stage 2 software is R1000 cheaper. And best of all the software is copy and paste.... Unfortunately I only realized this once I have done my car at SAC. Needless to say I have to redo software now.. :twisted:

Morel of the story do your research before doing anything to your vehicle... :bang:

IF YOU SEE SAC DROP A GEAR AND PEDAL TO THE MEDAL IN THE OTHER DIRECTION. :driving:
HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!! 9 Years.. Well done.
Word of advice, software should be in the R 3500-R5500 range, not 6 or 7 grand. Maybe save yourself from file loaders, book a day with a tuner in JHB and drive through, TDI will make the trip in 1/2 tank anyway. LOL
FanMan
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 1.9 Tdi

Post by FanMan »

Pik Sooter wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:15 pm
FanMan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm Ok, so after browsing some forums I came across this post, I know its old but I would like to give my opinion on SAC Nelspruit or SAC in general. :cool:

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL!! 9 Years.. Well done.
Word of advice, software should be in the R 3500-R5500 range, not 6 or 7 grand. Maybe save yourself from file loaders, book a day with a tuner in JHB and drive through, TDI will make the trip in 1/2 tank anyway. LOL
Thanks man,
I'm thinking of taking a trip up to the city, my worry is that if something goes wrong that I must make another trip up to the city....
But I found another Tuner here in Nelspruit, so I will be sorted (Eagle Eye Tuning)
:hi:
Current : VW Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline Big Turbo :driving:
https://www.vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=216892

Previouse : :cool:
1. Vw Beetle 1.4 1974
2. Vw Beetle 1.6 1982
3. Opel Corsa Utility 1.4i 1999
4. Vw Golf City Sport 1.4i 2009
5. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Highline 2007
6. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Sportline
7. Vw Polo 1.9 Tdi Classic