2L 8v mp9 idling problem

pluto
Lieutenant
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Re: 2L 8v mp9 idling problem

Post by pluto »

poloplayaWP wrote:
UDC wrote:where does one get more of those group codes i.e coolant temp, intake temp etc
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... ault_Codes
For Mp9 ?? Not really .. Ross Tech uses a data string attached to an associated code. The data string is a description , which in this case is not correct many a time ..

So how do you sort out the "glow plug short circuit" code on mp9 ??

Mp9 doesnt have glow plugs .... lol..
Shiver me Wastegates

Frieling Racing Chip tuning

Yashin@frc.co.za
082 805 9060
2013 TT-RS S Tronic
MK1 20VT BAM (Motronic ME 7.5 DBW)
pluto
Lieutenant

Post by pluto »

Baldwin02002 wrote:Hi, there is couple of things that might be causing this. I once had the same problem with one of my customers. The idling was bad and the TB could not be adapted. Only to find out that an accelerator cable adjustment was too tight on the TB. I had to loosen it a bit so that the TPS motor can run a test on the TB when you switch on the engine and that is an ADP RUN. Then i could run an Adaptation and the problem was resolved. But clear all the errors first so that new errors could be registered.

If the above is not an issue he needs to go to Engine adaption before doing anything to monitor TB angle and manifold pressure, enter 00 then save the adaption to reset all the engine devices to the defaults. Then measure groups. He should check the TB angle. I think on idle it should be on +-6 degrees and it should show 880 or 920 rpm which is normal on MP9. Then he should also check the manifold pressure if it is on the same level. I can’t remember the actual value on the pressure as it depends on the engine size.

Let the car idle until the cooling fan turns. Groups to monitor this shoud be between 0 and 20. The timing angle should read 6.5 degrees. Rev the engine and check if the TB angle will go down to the right idling degrees. Also monitor the manifold pressure to check if it will rise and go back to the right idling manifold pressure. If the manifold pressure is giving you different values it might be a leak or the throttle body. If the TB angles are changing constatly it should also be changed. Run TB adaption to see if it will fail before changing the TB. Also monitor inlet manifold temperature and the coolant temperature. TB adaptation adaptation group is 98 on MP9 and 60 on most newer cars.

Hope this will help....

Correct , a cable that is too tight can sometimes prevent the throttle plate from moving back and forth ..

You clear all errrors first so that you can perform adaptions - otherwise you wont be able to adapt at all.

You dont need to reset all the internal memory registers.

One can not look at timing on idle nor TPS position

MP9 idles at 920 +/- 20 rpm

Manifold pressure at idle depends on the camshaft/camshaft timing ie valve overlap at TDC
Shiver me Wastegates

Yashin@frc.co.za
082 805 9060
2013 TT-RS S Tronic
poloplayaWP
Captain
Registered for: 14 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline
Membership No: missing

Post by poloplayaWP »

pluto wrote:
poloplayaWP wrote:
UDC wrote:where does one get more of those group codes i.e coolant temp, intake temp etc
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... ault_Codes
For Mp9 ?? Not really .. Ross Tech uses a data string attached to an associated code. The data string is a description , which in this case is not correct many a time ..

So how do you sort out the "glow plug short circuit" code on mp9 ??

Mp9 doesnt have glow plugs .... lol..
I understand what you saying but most of the time I have solved a problem with VAG COM.It's just good to have in some cases.But in the end Old School diagnostic problem solving comes out tops especially when you apid as much school fees as PM.

2014 VW Golf VII GTI DSG
2009 Ford Bantam 1.3 Rocam
2008 CRG Road Rebel Shifter with TM Racing 125cc 2 Stroke 6 Speed Sequential

ex 2011 VW 6R Polo GTI
ex 2005 Polo 1.9 TDI Sportline
ex 1978 Beetle 1.6 Twinport
ex 1998 Original VW Motorsport Polo Classic 2.0 8v
ex 1984 Golf 1.3
ex 1998 Polo Playa 1.6>2.0
ex 1989 Ford Bantam 1.6
ex 2007 Nissan 1400
pluto
Lieutenant

Post by pluto »

No , you actually dont understand what I am saying .. however rather let it be ..
Shiver me Wastegates

Yashin@frc.co.za
082 805 9060
2013 TT-RS S Tronic
CRASH_IT
Cadet
Registered for: 17 years 6 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 8P S3
Membership No: 1540

Post by CRASH_IT »

Well found my problem with my mates car. It was just the temp sender!!! sending in correct temp to box! Car idles perfect and better on consumption now!
CURRENT RIDE
2013 VW transporter 2.0TDI
2007 Audi S3

EX
- 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
- 1993 1.8i CITI MP9 98HP 147NM @ KAR
NOW:2.0 ABF 117HP 158NM @Panics on XMS (SOLD)SNIFF
http://www.vwclub.co.za/phpbb3/viewtopi ... 3&t=108203
Baldwin02002
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 7 months
Car Model: Mk2 GTS

Post by Baldwin02002 »

Guys i dont believe it. What you guys are saying is that the values on the measure group are not accurate. Those values are been red from the computer box. I have been using VAG-COM for many years for advanced troubleshooting and the tool has been working 100% for me. Please look at the link below and you will undestand how to use measure blocks but the values are different as audi uses different measure blocks. Here we go:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/m_blocks/
Current:
Mk2 GTS 1.8 --> 2.0 16v MP9 --> Soon to be 2.1 16v MP9 with Throttles
S3 2003 BAM --> Stage 1 with full Exhaust
S4 2004 --> Stock
A3 2010 1.8T Cabrio --> Stock
//////
Previous
Golf Citi 2.0 8v MP9 2007
Jetta 4 V5 10V
Honda CB400 '74
Baldwin02002
Cadet
Registered for: 15 years 7 months
Car Model: Mk2 GTS

Post by Baldwin02002 »

As the forum is for sharing info, here is another example from ross-tech link. Try viewing different groups under measure groups from 0 and others are for engines with O2 sensors and turbos. This example is for an Engine control module -

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/m-blocks.html
Current:
Mk2 GTS 1.8 --> 2.0 16v MP9 --> Soon to be 2.1 16v MP9 with Throttles
S3 2003 BAM --> Stage 1 with full Exhaust
S4 2004 --> Stock
A3 2010 1.8T Cabrio --> Stock
//////
Previous
Golf Citi 2.0 8v MP9 2007
Jetta 4 V5 10V
Honda CB400 '74
Steelo
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Post by Steelo »

Guys I'm having a problem my car starts and idle for a min then switchs off /cut..... When trying to rev it cuting fuel or has no power
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

check the fuel rail. They break inside.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
BernardSpike86
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months
Car Make: Vw
Car Model: MK3 GTI 2,0 8valve

Post by BernardSpike86 »

Evening all. IV got a GTI 1997 2,0 8valve MP9 std motor . IV got a problem that the OBDll won't let any scan tool or even the VAG into it . Can some one help me with advice ? . Yes I do have a aftermarket radio on it and I have done the basic checks on the plug for 5volts and ignition and 30main power.