1.4TSI misfiring and cutting coils.

Shane@67
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 7 months

1.4TSI misfiring and cutting coils.

Post by Shane@67 »

We have a 2011 Golf 6 1.4TSI single turbo that recently had a full engine rebuild and turbo core replacement. Since the rebuild it started cutting power to the coils and misfiring eventually burning them out completely.

The car jerks badly between 2.5 to 3000 rpm then after a few minutes cuts coils. When the coil pops it shows the EPC and engine warning light on the dash then starts missing.

It has been to multiple mechs and two auto electricians which one then said it must be the ECU. We took it in and the ecu was faulty so they replaced it and yet again the problem didn’t go away.

Nobody seems to he able to tell us why the car is burning out its coils.

Everything that has been checked by the mechanics.

Timing is fine.
No visible wiring problems or voltage problems according to the electricians.
No fault codes till the coil cuts the it shows misfire.
It has blow 1 and 4 multiple times both OEM and aftermarket coils. 9 coils down already.

It didn’t have this problem before the engine was rebuilt only had a stretched timing chain and bad oil leaks. The rebuild was done by a qualified mechanic which also can’t seem to figure out the problem.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JCTPUBLISHERS
Cadet
Registered for: 3 years 9 months

Re: 1.4TSI misfiring and cutting coils.

Post by JCTPUBLISHERS »

Hi, which area are you. I am sure other members on the forum can point you then in the right direction.
Does not sound good?
Jetta2
Field Marshal
Registered for: 17 years 4 months
Car Make: VW, VW, Aprilia
Car Model: Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Caddy, RSV4
Membership No: 1087

Re: 1.4TSI misfiring and cutting coils.

Post by Jetta2 »

The story tells me the first "mechanic" who worked on the car screwed something up, like breaking/damaging a wire, leaving something unplugged, damaged a plug/connector, etc.
If the car was fine before he worked on it, 1+1=2.
Ryan Demoser

1996 Mk3 Golf VR6
2017 Caddy Maxi Crew Bus 2.0 TDI
2013 Aprilia RSV4 track toy
2021 Aprilia RS660 road bike