Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 2009 Audi A4 2.0TFSI
Membership No: 1919

Idle Problem Audi B8 2.0 TFSI

Post by Brat Boy »

HI All

Please can someone help.

I have a problem on my Audi the car idles perfectly fine but all of a sudden it will idle rough like it is going to stop and then almost at the point of dyeing it will idle normal again this will keep going on even when the car is warm sometimes it can go for like 3 minutes without doing this.

This does not happen when driving just on idle. I did run a scan and there is no errors and there is no engine light on the dash, I have checked plugs and coils all is fine.

Car is not smoking and it does not have a labored start.

Car is a 2009 Audi B8 2.0TFSI
Modifications done is a Catless Downpipe and Exhaust unsure of brand as I bought the car with the it.
Current
Golf 7 GTI DSG (Daily Drive) - Custom Rogue Performance Down Pipe and Exhaust, APR Carbon Fibre Intake, APR Suspension, JB4
Polo (9N3) GTI

In The Land of Titans Notorious is king in the Land Kings I wear the Crown
vee4410
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI, 9n 1.6

Re: Idle Problem Audi B8 2.0 TFSI

Post by vee4410 »

Try cleaning your MAF sensor and see if that helps.
Current Rides:
2007 Polo 9n3 1.9 TDI
2004 Polo 9n 1.6
2015 MB w205 C180
Brat Boy
Cadet
Registered for: 13 years 8 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 2009 Audi A4 2.0TFSI
Membership No: 1919

Re: Idle Problem Audi B8 2.0 TFSI

Post by Brat Boy »

vee4410 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:14 pm Try cleaning your MAF sensor and see if that helps.
checked that it is not that, this does not happen when driving.

Does anyone know how many cat foolers must there be on the DP. I know there is 2 X O2 sensors on the car, one on before the cat and one after the cat but does there need to be 2 foolers? Especially on the sensor before the CAT
Current
Golf 7 GTI DSG (Daily Drive) - Custom Rogue Performance Down Pipe and Exhaust, APR Carbon Fibre Intake, APR Suspension, JB4
Polo (9N3) GTI

In The Land of Titans Notorious is king in the Land Kings I wear the Crown