Car not starting blowing white smoke

PlatelessMk7GTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Car not starting blowing white smoke

Post by PlatelessMk7GTI »

Hi guys my Golf 7 GTI DSG start losing power while accelerating it blew thick white smoke. I stopped and turned the car off, I tried starting it, it swings but in a missfiring way but when I give it gas it starts but it's missfiring with a metal sound coming from the engine. I turned it off and had it towed, I did notice smoke coming out the turbo. The car is tuned with intake, downpipe and exhaust, when I took out the intake I saw two metal like pieces in the intake. I just want to know what it could be note it misfired a week ago got it logged a cylinder misfired but it did not do it again just as I was about to change plugs and coils it did this. The car has full VW motorplan now could be facing TD1 issues. VW replaced the thermostat two months back.
2016 VW Golf MK7 GTI DSG~ Insane Racing Stage 2 custom map, Atom 2 intake, Catless Downpipe and Catback Exhaust. 226wkw 526nm at Autotrix dyno Durban with 102 octane fuel mix.
2005 Toyota RunX 140RT manual
NHB_R
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 10 months
Membership No: missing

Re: Car not starting blowing white smoke

Post by NHB_R »

This does not sound good at all. Hopefully some guys with experience can chip in here. But my initial guess is your turbo went boom boom unfortunately. What do the metal pieces look like? Its odd that you found it by your intake though
PlatelessMk7GTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Re: Car not starting blowing white smoke

Post by PlatelessMk7GTI »

NHB_R wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:27 am This does not sound good at all. Hopefully some guys with experience can chip in here. But my initial guess is your turbo went boom boom unfortunately. What do the metal pieces look like? Its odd that you found it by your intake though
It looks like metal but feels like plastic, I saw oil by the 90° turbo elbow inlet. I tried taking the elbow to see the turbo properly but it does not want to swing out. I also found the sensor by the PCV was not connected
2016 VW Golf MK7 GTI DSG~ Insane Racing Stage 2 custom map, Atom 2 intake, Catless Downpipe and Catback Exhaust. 226wkw 526nm at Autotrix dyno Durban with 102 octane fuel mix.
2005 Toyota RunX 140RT manual