Mk4 GTi K03s Hybrid Turbo Options

gwsie
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 1 month

Mk4 GTi K03s Hybrid Turbo Options

Post by gwsie »

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a K03s Hybrid Turbo? Who sells them and what has your experience been with a Hybrid on a 1.8t?

Forge Turbo has a Stage 1 and a Stage 2 available:
http://www.forgeturbo.co.za/turbocharge ... o-1-8t-20v
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: Mk4 GTi K03s Hybrid Turbo Options

Post by Unobeat »

Contact Gaby at Fastec can build you one.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Killerwatt »

The forge turbo one can be quiet decent depending on the wheel sizes used. If the stage 2 hybrid runs the 46/56mm compressor and the 50/45mm turbine then it is similar to what I used to run. Boost threshold was only slightly later than the k03 but flow was much higher. You can expect about 40kw over the stock turbo.

Unfortunately Gaby does not upgrade the turbine side on these turbochargers. It does not help much to add a bigger compressor on the stock turbine. Egts will be through the roof.

IMO. The nicest k03 hybrid will be a 2283 K04 compressor paired with the 9 blade 52/47 turbine.
gwsie
Enlisted

Post by gwsie »

Thanks for the reply @Killerwatt

Forge Turbo said that it is a K03 052 which has the Audi TT Mk2 Internals.
Website says:
Compressor Wheel - Upgraded K04 Billet Wheel
Turbine Wheel - Upgraded K04 Turbine Wheel

So not 100% sure on the exact specs but will see if I can find out and let you know. Ferroli Performance Centre is fitting the turbo and should have the car back early next week.

Will let you know how it worked out.
gwsie
Enlisted

Post by gwsie »

Ok so I’ve got the car back from Ferroli for about a week now. The TIP was a nightmare to fit as the (K04) turbo intake is 51mm compared to the std 44mm of the K03s. Forge Turbo sent a reducer 90deg bend that does not fit properly, so that still needs to be sorted out. Is there another TIP I can fit or can I make a custom one? I’ve got a K&N pan filter and want to keep the OEM airbox, unless there is no there option, then I’ll go for a CAI or cone filter.

The boost threshold is slightly higher as you said but it’s also much smoother. Boost is still low at 0.9 bar until I can go back to get the REVO properly tuned. What kind of boost can I run on this setup? I’ve read that guys are saying that for this setup, the K04 internals run optimum at around 20-24 psi (1.4-1.6 bar). Most of them run 22 psi (1.5 bar) spike that goes down to 18 psi (1.2 bar) normal. I am aiming for a reliable daily of 200kW, should this be possible...? I already upgraded the fuel pump and 4 bar FPR. Ferroli has a issue not being able to get accurate readings on his dyno. Something to do with the AUQ engines Management and the ABS. Any advise?

Next step, exhaust and intercooler.

63mm exhaust from Powerflow. Will find out from Roddy at Bellville what he recommends.

What intercooler kits are available for these cars? I see that MotorCade has a kit they make up. Any other suggestions?
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Killerwatt »

Tip was a custom job for me. It was the same AUQ engine in a jetta and the tip was a tight squeeze with the stock airbox but it still worked. There was a slight gain with a big Donaldson air filter though.

I ran 1.2 bar constant boost as the motor was still on stock rods. Up here in jhb it ran 180wkw on a day where stage 2 pgtis ran around 140wkw. So 200wkw at the coast should be possible assuming its a similar spec. You want to keep torque under control though. Stock rods are known to bend around the 450nm mark. A boost spike on these hybrids can easily do that. Running a mbc in parallel with the n75 is a good idea.

What injectors are you running? The stock 317s were maxed out around a bar. Eventually I ran the car on a k04 map with the 386cc injectors. I did also run the revo gt28 map with the 550cc ev14 injectors which also ran quiet well. But never dyno the car with that ecu.

Never had issues with abs on the dyno. Sounds like an excuse to me.

Fmic was a 230x550x65. Some trimming of the crash bar was needed. Boost pipes were custom and I ran wmi as well.