2020 Polo Gti Fuel consumption

Deren
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

2020 Polo Gti Fuel consumption

Post by Deren »

Hi All

I am contemplating buying the new Polo Gti 2.0 but I would like to find out from current owners what is the real world fuel consumption especially for short Town drives. I would be doing approx 20kms a day in normal Durban north /Umhlanga traffic.

Another quick one which options are a must have on the spec list?

Is Sport select suspension necessary?

If you do not take the Navi option can you cast Waze or Google maps onto the active info dash from your cell phone? Or can it only cast using Android auto to the radio display?

Thank you all take care and be safe
Deren

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

GB9
Major
Registered for: 18 years 1 month
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: 8V S3 Sedan

Re: 2020 Polo Gti Fuel consumption

Post by GB9 »

I've had derivatives of the engine that is in the Polo GTi, but have no actual experience of the Polo 2.0 GTi itself. Since nobody (that owns the car in question) has responded yet, let me add my 2c.

Fuel consumption is entirely dependent on your driving style. Durban North / Umhlanga can have heavy traffic (using the M4?), or it can be free flowing depending on the time of your journey. Spirited driving, you're looking at anything from 11-13l/100km. Sedate, "normal" driving, you could get it down as low as 6-7l/100km if you use the M4.

Regarding the sport select suspension; I had a similar version of it in my Golf 6 GTi. I would tick the box again if I were buying new and I would try find a second hand car with the option if I were buying 2nd hand. The comfort and sport settings both provide discernible changes (improvements) in the ride quality. Just know that you may encounter increased costs when replacing the parts involved in providing the feature. That said, I never had to replace the parts and I owned my Golf 6 GTi from 64k km to 177k km (2012 - 2016).

Good luck with the purchase.
2015 Audi S3 Sedan : Nappa leather seats, LED headlights, Panoramic sunroof, rear PDC, B & O sound system
2010 VW Golf 6 GTi : RNS-510 Nav | Xenons | Adaptive Chassis Control
2005 VW Polo TDi (96kw) F/L
1996 Opel Kadett 160IS
1996 Citi Deco (Jazz Blue)
Kavi4GP
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 9 years 7 months
Car Make: Toyota
Car Model: Corolla D4-D
Membership No: 2016

Post by Kavi4GP »

Deren wrote:Hi All

I am contemplating buying the new Polo Gti 2.0 but I would like to find out from current owners what is the real world fuel consumption especially for short Town drives. I would be doing approx 20kms a day in normal Durban north /Umhlanga traffic.

Another quick one which options are a must have on the spec list?

Is Sport select suspension necessary?

If you do not take the Navi option can you cast Waze or Google maps onto the active info dash from your cell phone? Or can it only cast using Android auto to the radio display?

Thank you all take care and be safe
Deren

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk
The consumption seems to be between 7-8 l/100km for most of the AW GTi guys ,

Specification is very important , sport select doesn't seem selected by many , the full sat nav is nice as the map shows up on the digital cluster. If you don't use is then save the price and use your phone via Android Auto or Apple Car Play to use GMaps and Waze.

Obviously LED package and Sunroof is a must.

Sent from my CPH1717 using Tapatalk

Current:
2017 Toyota Corolla D4-D Ultimate Performance Tuned
2013 A3 1.6 TDi S-Tronic 8V.1

EX:
2014 Polo 1.2 TSI Comfortline CPi Tuned
2013 Ford Focus 2.0 Sport
2011 Hyundai i20 1.4
2006 Toyota RunX
VW Convert
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 7 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK6 Polo GTi

Post by VW Convert »

The consumption is 7-8 l in normal town driving under a conservative foot, sports mode albeit more responsive seems to get you get you into the 8-10l range. If you seek economy, the 1.0T is awesome and around R60-80k cheaper. The Polo GTi is also a bit louder than the normal polo, with a highway drone...

The Polo GTi's are generally fully loaded with extras amounting to +R30k- R70k from factory, it may be difficult to find the car with the colour and specifications that you are willing to pay for...

Enjoy the testdrives