HPFP Upgrade without S3 Injectors?

Riyaadhsaley
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 6 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK5 GTI

HPFP Upgrade without S3 Injectors?

Post by Riyaadhsaley »

According to many, adding the uprated HPFP allows you to load a stronger map on your car on stock turbo. (Stage 2 to stage 2+) I've been advised not to do this, as the stock injectors would still be limiting it and would be of no benefit. Is there any truth to this?
2008 Black Magic Golf 5 GTI - 194kw 414nm @ R&S Motorsport

1982 Mercedes 230 (W123) - White, bagged.
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Re: HPFP Upgrade without S3 Injectors?

Post by THANAS »

The benefit of a HPFP upgrade/insert kit (on a stock turbo setup specifically) is the ability to sustain rail pressure under the torque spike. There is definitely a benefit even with the stock injectors as it allows you to run higher mid-range boost and more torque.
jimbogp
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 10 years 5 months
Car Model: MK5 Gti MK6 Gti

Post by jimbogp »

Riyaadhsaley wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 pm According to many, adding the Upgraded HPFP allows you to load a stronger map on your car on stock turbo. (Stage 2 to stage 2+) I've been advised not to do this, as the stock injectors would still be limiting it and would be of no benefit. Is there any truth to this?
Adding the Autotech or the likes HPFP upgrade is a + on the Mk5 gti running a KO3. it works perfectly with the Stock injectors, many guys here are running it or ran it at some point and have seen gains once tuned for the higher fuel pressure including myself!!!

Just remember if you do this mod you will need to have your Cam follower Checked / Replaced every 5 to 10000km as the follower gets eaten quick with the Autotech HPFP internals. Cam follower replacement is relatively cheap around R500 for the follower and it basically a DIY job.

Hope this helps
Current Rides
2008 RS MK5 GTi DSG KO4 Unitronic Tuned
2013 TR MK6 GTi DSG KO4 APR Tuned
2011 C63 AMG Motronix Tuned
2014 Polo 6R Comfortline
2011 A200 Avantgarde

EX:
2005 Mk1 Velociti 1.6i Black Magic
1990 Gli Twincam 4AGZE Supercharged
2008 335i M-sport Package
2005 BMW individual Motorsport
2000 Audi A3 1.8T
1996 Toyota Corolla 160i Gle
Riyaadhsaley
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 6 years
Car Model: MK5 GTI

Post by Riyaadhsaley »

Thanks guys
2008 Black Magic Golf 5 GTI - 194kw 414nm @ R&S Motorsport

1982 Mercedes 230 (W123) - White, bagged.