Audi S5 V6 (3.0 supercharged)

JacquesHuysamen
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months
Car Make: Audi
Car Model: S5 2008

Audi S5 V6 (3.0 supercharged)

Post by JacquesHuysamen »

Hi there everyone, a while ago a did a simple muffler delete on my V8 S5 and damn it transformed the car, sounds amazing. Now my dad has the newer V6 S5, and we want some more sound out of it. Any member with a S4/S5 with the V6 that has done a muffler delete? Also, is there a cheap way to get some supercharger whine?
Pik Sooter
Captain
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
Car Model: MK2 Q5 3.0T l MK2 TT Roadster
Membership No: 1893

Re: Audi S5 V6 (3.0 supercharged)

Post by Pik Sooter »

Well, if your dad's S5 doesn't have a sensor on the CAT (which it probably does), then a simple downpipe will work, will give it lot of noise and a slight bump in power.
RE the supercharger whine, I can't help there much, maybe try removing the intake box, rev it and confirm if that is the sound you want, if it is, fit a cold air intake, like below:

This opens up the intake piping and allows more whine to be audible, else fit a smaller pulley for moar boosts... :drool:.
MTM777
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years 7 months

Post by MTM777 »

Pik Sooter wrote:Well, if your dad's S5 doesn't have a sensor on the CAT (which it probably does), then a simple downpipe will work, will give it lot of noise and a slight bump in power.
RE the supercharger whine, I can't help there much, maybe try removing the intake box, rev it and confirm if that is the sound you want, if it is, fit a cold air intake, like below:

This opens up the intake piping and allows more whine to be audible, else fit a smaller pulley for moar boosts... :drool:.
I have an Intake for the vehicle, AWE SFlo with intake pipe, its not cheap but pretty good, if you want to do it properly. I'll take R3k for it.

An alternative is open the airbox and remove the foam bits at the bottom, next remove (not cut) the front scoop between the front bit and airbox ( or just dont put it back). You end up with a small gap between which exposes the engine to more air.

For exhaust, I had the cats gutted it's a pricey exercise since they are pretty deep inside the engine bay with limiter access. I'd recommend the middle muffler delete and replace that with an X pipe. Plenty of videos on YouTube with that mod. Check out the Oliver Gabriel one, where he goes through his iterations.

Edited to make it clear no cutting involved
Last edited by MTM777 on Tue May 21, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Please don't cut up an airbox. You will regret that when you sell the car because many people (including me) won't buy a car with a cut up airbox and some cheap filter setup and you will lose some sales or have to spend money buying one.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
Hoosier Daddy
Colonel
Registered for: 11 years 2 months
Car Make: Volkswagen
Car Model: Golf VI R
Membership No: 2023

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

panic-mechanic wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 am Please don't cut up an airbox. You will regret that when you sell the car because many people (including me) won't buy a car with a cut up airbox and some cheap filter setup and you will lose some sales or have to spend money buying one.
!00 million percent agree. Just put an intake :drool:
My Dream: Gipsy Danger
My First Love: Lucy
Nikz_tsc wrote:Don't be an elachi bhai
Tman21
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 7 years 10 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: BosPolo
Membership No: 3247

Post by Tman21 »

I had an intake made up at BYM for R3500 and the sound was amazing!
Success: When hard work meets opportunity :-)
#TMAN21
JacquesHuysamen
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months
Car Model: S5 2008

Post by JacquesHuysamen »

Thanks for all the replies everyone,will look into the intake and exhaust options. Still on a 50/50 between the 2, new S5 is stage 1 and damn it's fast but the older v8 sound is just so good :drool:
Seen
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Post by Seen »

Sorry to dig up a really old thread. Does any one know where I can get an intake made or know of anyone selling one. I messaged BYM but got no response.
DotDubb
Can I buy your wheels?
Registered for: 15 years
Car Make: Audi A6 3.0T
Car Model: DKW, Cabrio, A6 avant,Mk2
Membership No: 1593

Post by DotDubb »

Seen wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:20 pm Sorry to dig up a really old thread. Does any one know where I can get an intake made or know of anyone selling one. I messaged BYM but got no response.
I sent BYM a message too with no reply. Etuners in Centurion should be able to help you out.
Current:
2012 Audi A6 3.0T TFSI Supercharged Quattro
2005 Audi A6 3.0tdi Avant Quattro
1999 Golf Cabrio Mk3.5 1.8 20V Turbo
1991 Golf Mk2 1.8 20vT
1960 Autounion DKW 1000s