(DSG) Grinding Type Noise in 3rd Gear when slowing down

cali-side
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

(DSG) Grinding Type Noise in 3rd Gear when slowing down

Post by cali-side »

Hi all,

2012 Golf 6 1.4 TSI DSG

Issue 1: Ive noticed a lite griding type noise when Im slowing down mostly in 3rd gear, Ive only have the car for 3 weeks so Im a little concerned naturally (no grinding sound is good right) It used to be a little less frequent but now I can get this sound everytime I slow down, the car must be slowing down quite gradually to get this to happen. Any ideas what this could be? (sounds like its more from the middle/left (passengers) side of the engine bay)

Issue 2: Maybe related to issue one, I'm not sure. I get a rattle (diesel sounding) when I stop at a stop street or red light. As soon as I release the brake and lightly touch the throttle, the sound is gone. Then when I press and hold the brake again its back. Usually happens within the first 20/30 minutes of driving then seems to go away after that. Any clues? (sounds like its coming from the right (drivers) side of the engine bay)

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Jet Li
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Membership No: 3103

Re: (DSG) Grinding Type Noise in 3rd Gear when slowing down

Post by Jet Li »

Greetings!

Issue 1: I will suggest that you get professional opinion from the service shop you normally use for your cars, let them test drive it and advice you accordingly.

Issue 2: Possibility is the metal fuel lines that could be causing the rattle noise. VW fixed it for free on the 2016 Polo TSI few days before trade-in.

Hope you get sorted and enjoy your ride. Thanx
'09 8P S3 Sportback (MT)
'10 B8 S4 V6T (DSG)
'15 6C GTi (MT)