defyingcaesar
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: G6 GTI

Golf 6 Gti clunk under braking

Post by defyingcaesar »

Hi guys, Jethro here

Recently picked up a used G6 GTI at an auction with some damage to the right side. They did a pretty mang job fixing it and the fitment wasn't too great but now everything lines up well now that it's all been fitted properly and with a spray she'll be set. No visible undercarriage damage and the control arms look untouched. Now I've got an issue under hard braking and when reversing under full lock, normally to the left. It's a half click/thud from the right side (the damaged side)
Tonight under hard braking it almost felt as if it lost braking power and rolled forward strangely.
Got the car scanned and it's all good apart from the evap valve which will need replacing. If anybody can provide some insight as to where to start that'd be greatly appreciated :D

Cheers
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Re: Golf 6 Gti clunk under braking

Post by panic-mechanic »

Hub, Hub carrier / wheel bearing. Take it all apart and look for damage. Start with putting a new bearing and hub in as that probably took a knock and was not changed. Don't mess with that stuff. It will kill you and or somebody else.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
defyingcaesar
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: G6 GTI

Re: Golf 6 Gti clunk under braking

Post by defyingcaesar »

Thanks Panic. Will have a look :D I figured it might be a hub related issue. Either that or subframe.