Polo Tsi 2016 won't start, just makes a click sound and resets everything ie. Time and Date, Radio frequencies

Zee85
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Polo Tsi 2016 won't start, just makes a click sound and resets everything ie. Time and Date, Radio frequencies

Post by Zee85 »

Hi, My car won't start since last week and it has happened for 4 days. I just took it for a service in May 2018 and they said everything is fine. So now I do not know. I am just frustrated. Does the tracking device affects the engine? Is it the cold? :cry: :cry:
Tatouch
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 10 months
Car Make: Nissan
Car Model: Almera 1.6->1.8i with vct

Re: Polo Tsi 2016 won't start, just makes a click sound and resets everything ie. Time and Date, Radio frequencies

Post by Tatouch »

Sounds like a loose battery terminal(s). Ensure that they are clean and tight
Belix
Lieutenant-Colonel
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Passat B8
Membership No: missing

Re: Polo Tsi 2016 won't start, just makes a click sound and resets everything ie. Time and Date, Radio frequencies

Post by Belix »

at the risk of stating the seemingly obvious, are you sure the battery is ok? Midwinter is when my battery will die. Try jump from another car (with all the applicable precautions) and see if it starts ok?
kwanelem
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months
Car Make: vw
Car Model: 2012 Polo 6R

Post by kwanelem »

Check yo battery and and see if the terminals are tight etc...
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Post by ICE King »

As said, Battery and check terminals
batteries can die overnight.

If manual , Kick start it, If it's kicks starts then Battery
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
mellos
Cadet
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by mellos »

If the time and radio frequencies go then it is definitely battery related.
I am having a similar problem I had the battery checked but they say it is fine.
My time and radio frequencies do not go.The guy by the battery place said the starter could be faulty
in a sense that when you boost it with another car it gives it an extra bit of power which is being
lost by the faulty brushes/solenoid,is there any truth in this?
Mine clicks when trying to start up but does not start,if I kick start it it starts or
if I boost it with another battery it starts,is it the starter?

Thanks in advance.
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Seen a problem like this recently, the cause was the "paint" that is sprayed on the battery poles, after a service at a service center.

Cleaned out the paint from the poles and no problem ever since.

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving: