9N3 Polo GTi boost issue

madhoshival
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 6 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 9N3 GTi

Re: 9N3 Polo GTi boost issue

Post by madhoshival »

panic-mechanic wrote:No I give up. Burn it.
We all have given up Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

The thing is that if it does exactly the same with a small turbo like the k03 then you have a fundemental mechanical f-up somewhere. So either very low comprression or a timing issue of some sorts. Unless you have a massive leak that you have missed with your testing. So be SURE SURE of those things.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
madhoshival
Cadet

Post by madhoshival »

panic-mechanic wrote:The thing is that if it does exactly the same with a small turbo like the k03 then you have a fundemental mechanical f-up somewhere. So either very low comprression or a timing issue of some sorts. Unless you have a massive leak that you have missed with your testing. So be SURE SURE of those things.
The ko3 still boosted.. but took a much longer time than it should.. I only got full boost by 4000rpm.
It's just more evident now because of the bigger turbo.

MarshallGTi
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 13 years
Car Make: Seat
Car Model: Ibiza 1.9TDi FR
Membership No: 1665

Post by MarshallGTi »

Far left suggestion, is there not maybe a small crack somewhere like the intercooler/manifold that only opens up when the metal gets warm? If you did the boost leak tests with a cold engine bay maybe the crack wouldnt be open and leaking? unlikely but seeing as everything else is in order?

Also do you have a boost gauge so you can see whats the air is actually doing rather than relying solely on VCDS?
It is an ingenius solution to a problem that should have never existed in the 1st place...

Ibiza FR

Ex's:
ShoeBox
(o\!/o)
My mk2 16v
EX-DOHCTOR wrote: I'd make sure I understand the differences between fish and engine components before attempting any modifications on my motor vehicle as a start. :lol:
Psycho1400 wrote:It wasn't an oil leak, it was a horsepower sweat...
madhoshival
Cadet

Post by madhoshival »

MarshallGTi wrote:Far left suggestion, is there not maybe a small crack somewhere like the intercooler/manifold that only opens up when the metal gets warm? If you did the boost leak tests with a cold engine bay maybe the crack wouldnt be open and leaking? unlikely but seeing as everything else is in order?

Also do you have a boost gauge so you can see whats the air is actually doing rather than relying solely on VCDS?
Did many boost leak tests and they're all holding fine. Tested to 2 bar.

I have a boost Gauge and its corresponding perfectly with what's being read by vcds.