PCV valve on 2007 polo 9n3 gti

El Toro
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

PCV valve on 2007 polo 9n3 gti

Post by El Toro »

Hi everyone. I need some help and advice please. Been experiencing an idling issue with my car ( 2007 polo 9n3 gti ) Basically at idle the car seems to drop a heart beat now and then and while driving and come to a stop at a robot and idling it does the same thing. Been reading up on forums and people are pointing towards a faulty pcv valve. My question is what and where is the actual pcv valve on this car? Is it the one next to the dv or is that something else? I looked up that part number (034 129 101B) and it is listed as a boost pressure control valve. Can someone please help and tell where the actual pcv valve is located and what the correct part number for this please. By the way I did have the car scanned and there are no error codes showing. Please help.
Silver Srfer
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 5 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: PGTi

Re: PCV valve on 2007 polo 9n3 gti

Post by Silver Srfer »

PCV 034 129 101A - Pressure Control Valve / Boost Control Valve.
It's connected to the TIP, looks like a hockey puck
9n3 GTi | Thanas Performance
Killerwatt
VWCSA Member
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Car Make: AUDI
Car Model: S3
Membership No: missing

Post by Killerwatt »

No the pcv valve sits under the manifold, it basically draws oil vapours into the manifold when it is under vacuum. As a temporary check you can remove the hose going to the manifold and block off the vacuum port. If the car drives better then it is possible for the pcv to be causing this.

Alternitively, check what airflow, tps, lambda and timing do when the idle drops to narrow the problem down.
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

Thanks will give it a try and see how it goes
Jueshen
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Jueshen »

Killerwatt wrote:No the pcv valve sits under the manifold, it basically draws oil vapours into the manifold when it is under vacuum. As a temporary check you can remove the hose going to the manifold and block off the vacuum port. If the car drives better then it is possible for the pcv to be causing this.

Alternitively, check what airflow, tps, lambda and timing do when the idle drops to narrow the problem down.
this is correct alot of okes confuse the pcv with the breather on the tip
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
Eurodyne! 230WHP & 390NM @ KAR 2016 - without OB
2013 Honda Ballade Elegance
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1994 Honda Ballade 150 Luxline
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
2007 Polo 1.6 Comfortline
1989 Citi Sport 1.8
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Post by THANAS »

The hockey puck is the PRV.
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

Hi everyone. Ok so now I know which one is the little pcv valve. So I decided to take it out and maybe try cleaning it out first before buying a new part. I noticed that I can actually blow and suck through it from both sides with not a lot of effort. Can someone please tell me if this is normal or is it a bad valve and only supposed to be a one way valve?
Jueshen
Lieutenant

Post by Jueshen »

that is normal, thats the prv only closes under high pressure

pcv is under the manifold in a pipe, as mentioned block the outlet at the end of manifold to test that
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
1989 Citi Sport 1.8
THANAS
Forum Advertiser
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Car Model: AW Polo GTi
Membership No: 2035

Post by THANAS »

The PCV is a 1 way valve, you shouldn't be able to blow through in both directions.
Jueshen
Lieutenant

Post by Jueshen »

oops thought you were referring to PRV on TIP
the PRV located on TIP you can blow both ways
The PCV is located in a pipe, that's a one way
OP which one are u referring to?
PCV below manifold? or PRV on TIP
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
1989 Citi Sport 1.8
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

I'm actually referring to the pcv valve below the manifold. So guess that if I can actually blow through both sides then I do infact have a bad valve. Anyway none of the agents have them in stock and only Goldwagen has them. Are the ones from Goldwagen any good. Are they ok coz they got it for R82.
By the way I was doing some research and came across an article that explains the whole prv and pcv valve system and how it works. I cannot post any pics or attachments so if someone could PM with mobile number or email then I can forward it to you and maybe you could post it here for someone who needs the info.
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

Hi guys. Just another quick question. If I had to remove the dv from the car just to check it and then put it back would that have been enough to give me an error code P1297. I did also unplug the n75 connector and plugged back again.
Also regarding the prv valve ( hockey puck valve) is the there a specific way for it to go on. It's got 2 ports and one has F on it and other has K on it.
Jueshen
Lieutenant

Post by Jueshen »

not sure about the codes, just clear them.. and see if they come up
get the GW one and please post the part number for me for the GW one I would like to do some maintenance on mine and replace it..
think the shorter side goes on tip..
Ex:
2007 Polo GTI
1996 Honda Ballade 150i
1991 Citi Golf 1.3
2009 Citi Rox 1.4i
1989 Citi Sport 1.8
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

Thanks man. I just quoted the vw part number and goldwagen is able to look it up. By the way I cleared the codes last night and did a throttle body alignment. Drove from Lenasia to randburg this morning and did an auto scan again and there is no codes except for readiness the secondary air injection and evaporation emissions is failed. But I presume they will eventually pass because from what I understand is that when you clear all codes then you also reset all the readiness status and that will take a bit of time and eventually pass.
Keshan_G
Cadet
Registered for: 8 years 9 months
Car Model: Polo 9n3 GTi

Post by Keshan_G »

El Toro wrote:Thanks man. I just quoted the vw part number and goldwagen is able to look it up. By the way I cleared the codes last night and did a throttle body alignment. Drove from Lenasia to randburg this morning and did an auto scan again and there is no codes except for readiness the secondary air injection and evaporation emissions is failed. But I presume they will eventually pass because from what I understand is that when you clear all codes then you also reset all the readiness status and that will take a bit of time and eventually pass.
You can delete the secondary air injection if your car has a decat,
Current:
'07 Blue Polo GTi 9n3
Powerflow 76mm DP- 63mm Zorst> 90deg intage/cone> Forge TIP> Forge Splitter DV> Forge Charge Pipe> Cupra FMIC> BC Coilies> R8 Coilpacks> 4Bar FPR > Devils Own Stage2 WMI
Keshan_G
Cadet

Post by Keshan_G »

El Toro wrote:Hi everyone. I need some help and advice please. Been experiencing an idling issue with my car ( 2007 polo 9n3 gti ) Basically at idle the car seems to drop a heart beat now and then and while driving and come to a stop at a robot and idling it does the same thing. Been reading up on forums and people are pointing towards a faulty pcv valve. My question is what and where is the actual pcv valve on this car? Is it the one next to the dv or is that something else? I looked up that part number (034 129 101B) and it is listed as a boost pressure control valve. Can someone please help and tell where the actual pcv valve is located and what the correct part number for this please. By the way I did have the car scanned and there are no error codes showing. Please help.
was there any smoke coming from the car under wot? also how was the oil consumption?
Current:
'07 Blue Polo GTi 9n3
Powerflow 76mm DP- 63mm Zorst> 90deg intage/cone> Forge TIP> Forge Splitter DV> Forge Charge Pipe> Cupra FMIC> BC Coilies> R8 Coilpacks> 4Bar FPR > Devils Own Stage2 WMI
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

No there is no smoke under wot. However there is still smoke if I idle the care for longer than 3 minutes or so from cold and I get quite strong fumes that I can smell. I serviced the car about 6 months back and between then and now only topped up with about 300 ml or less and guess that is normal.
Keshan_G
Cadet

Post by Keshan_G »

hey dude,

Please can you give me the part number for the pcv?

Thanks
Current:
'07 Blue Polo GTi 9n3
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

Ok so part number for the pcv valve is 035 103 245A.
Keshan_G
Cadet

Post by Keshan_G »

El Toro wrote:Ok so part number for the pcv valve is 035 103 245A.
this is for the pcv and not the pcr(The breather on the tip)

thank you
Current:
'07 Blue Polo GTi 9n3
El Toro
Cadet

Post by El Toro »

Yes this is for the PCV valve that sits in a T joint under the intake manifold.
sonic-mike
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 1 month
Car Model: 9N3 PGTI 1.8T ..Vraaap!

Post by sonic-mike »

Guys do we have a part number for the part that fits to the circlip the pipe joint please ...
Keshen.m3@gmail.com
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months

Post by Keshen.m3@gmail.com »

Hi guys

Any tips on how to remove the PCV?
AshleyGTI
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 8 months

Post by AshleyGTI »

Yeah. Give me a shout if you still interested.