questions on Swapping out a 1.4 to a 1.6 CLS engine conversion on a Polo vivo

sweetSabotage
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 1 month

questions on Swapping out a 1.4 to a 1.6 CLS engine conversion on a Polo vivo

Post by sweetSabotage »

are the rest of the internals the same for both engines injectors, intakes etc? or would i have to change anything else to swap the engines. I recall the air filter box being bigger on the 1.6s and the Ecu would need to be reflashed ofcourse

an how much would a decent 1.6 engine be going for?

any help would be appreciated thanks
sweetSabotage
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 1 month

Re: questions on Swapping out a 1.4 to a 1.6 CLS engine conversion on a Polo vivo

Post by sweetSabotage »

Any info on this?
Unobeat
Lieutenant-General
Registered for: 12 years 11 months
Car Make: Fiat, Toyota, Mazda
Car Model: Uno, Auris, CX-5

Re: questions on Swapping out a 1.4 to a 1.6 CLS engine conversion on a Polo vivo

Post by Unobeat »

Why though, you want to do the conversation besides wanting more power with a different motor?
Are you a DIY person and decent with mechanics?
Why not sell your current 1.4 car and find yourself a neat 1.6 Vivo. This would be much less stress.
THANAS wrote:Mix them together to create Shellstrol, and then mix that with Winstrol to create the ultimate, maximum performance oil for your engine.
panic-mechanic wrote:When I build engines and do stuff like this I do it when there is nobody else around, No distractions, No phone nothing so that you don't forget what you should be doing. It's the little things that make them run right. Anybody can slap a basic bottom end together. that is the easy bit. It's all the little things that makes these builds a success or not.
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Leave it alone.

Trust me on this other than the engine being simple to to swap the rest of the job is not cheap or simple.

To get it to work you will need an engine and also a lock set.

A used engine will cost about R20-25k, a lock set on a Vivo goes for R12k.

If the engine is broken the rebuild is R25 to 30k.

Simple math.
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+