VW Polo 1.4 with 1.6 crank,rods and pistons

mehomax
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 5 months

VW Polo 1.4 with 1.6 crank,rods and pistons

Post by mehomax »

BTW: I know it's better to install another engine, but that's not the idea of this project, I want to get the most out of this engine because I like 1.4s.

Hello everyone, I decided to ask you what modifications it is possible to make on this engine(1.4 AEX 97 EU)?
I''d like to have MPI system!
For a start, I decided to start with the following modifications:

1.6 crank on 1.4 block and maybe 1.6 head if necessary? I read in a forum about 1.6 with 2.0 crank and pistons and that's why I decided to ask!

1.4 AEX-75.6 mm / 2.95 inches Stroke ---------- Bore - 76.5 mm / 2.99 inches

1.6 AEE-86.9 mm / 3.39 inches Stroke ---------- Bore - 76.5 mm / 2.99 inches

Can i install ABU or AEE cam and will there be an increase in power and torque?

Can i put itbs but with MPI?

Can i put bigger injectors for more fuel and better fuel pump and will there be any benefit?
Cam_005
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 4 months

Re: VW Polo 1.4 with 1.6 crank,rods and pistons

Post by Cam_005 »

Technically speaking, putting the 86mm crank in the 1.4 turns it into a 1.6 based off what you posted ... So if you like 1.4's then changing the bottom end is making your engine anything but a 1.4 .

There was a thread I remember of a guy who turbo'd a 1.4 8v Citi golf, made like 150hp if I'm not mistaken but I remember reading it years ago , infact in that thread they constantly mentioned not to build what you can buy and also if you've got a ton of cash laying about then virtually anything is possible.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

mehomax
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 5 months

Re: VW Polo 1.4 with 1.6 crank,rods and pistons

Post by mehomax »

Thanks for the reply.
My idea is to stroke the engine with 1.6 crank on my 1.4 block but my question is it possible to mount this crank without the pistons sticking out, I wrote elsewhere and one person mentioned to me that it would not fit because of the difference of 11.2 mm. but I think it will fit because the engines are quite similar as long as there is no difference in the diameter of the piston and only in the stroke should be fine.
But will i need a head of 1.6 because of the change or my 1.4 head with mods ?