2007 VW Chico BSC Engine - Fuel Line Components, and Clutch

kolbep
Enlisted
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

2007 VW Chico BSC Engine - Fuel Line Components, and Clutch

Post by kolbep »

Hi All.
I have a 2007 VW Chico that I am slowly starting to sort out (the wifes car)

For some reason, it kept on destroying the Mechanical fuel pump (went through 3 of them - all diaphragms torn), even when we purchased the car 2nd hand from a dealer years ago, the fuel pump was failing. Put in an electric fuel pump, which has lasted a lot longer (although we have also been through 3 of them, but it was probably cheap brand, in combination with salt air that caused them to stop oscillating.

Would prefer to go back to stock Mechanical fuel pump, if it can be more reliable. Any way to determine why they keep on dying. Or should we stick with Electrical Fuel Pumps?

Also, in the fuel line, in the engine bay, there is a small beige/grey plastic part inline (not more than about 15mm in diameter, and 1 cm length). It fell apart when we were working in the engine bay one time. I pushed it back together, and taped it up with electrical tape, to get us going, but I am wary of having it not correct (It is in the Fuel line after all). What is that part, so that I can order the replacement?. I Believe what that part is is a Non-Return Valve, to prevent petrol draining out of the system when the engine is off (with the Mechanical fuel pumps). If I stick with the Electric Fuel pump, then I can probably bypass that as the pump would prime the system in a few seconds anyway.

Also, the Clutch Cable pulled through the firewall, so we installed the plate that is recommended to fix that. Had to adjust the clutch cable to work with that plate. But now just had the clutch kit replaced at the dealer, and they adjusted the cable, but the Clutch Pedal is very hard to press, and they say that is because the clutch cable needs to be replaced, because of the plate that was installed. Does that make sense? If so, Do I need to get a different length, or the same part?

I have looked on the online parts catalogues, but I cannot find Chico listed, and all the diagrams I see are not matching with what is in the car. Vin Lookup on those catalogues also does not give results.

Thank you for your help.