Jungle_Jo
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi Golf 1.3

Oil leak, Seals replacements

Post by Jungle_Jo »

Hi Guys,

I have an old Citi Golf 1.3 and it has an oil leak. I've been told it is probably the seals on the engine that need to be replaced. I would like to know is there anywhere I can go in the Cape Town area to have the seals replaced? If there is somewhere to o what is the estimate price?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.
ICE King
Cadet
Registered for: 12 years 10 months
Car Model: Polo GTI 20V , Mazdarati

Re: Oil leak, Seals replacements

Post by ICE King »

The brand of seal & which seal is leaking will determine the cost of repair ,example if it's a crank seal , A good make like victor reinz or payen will cost +-R250 for the seal itself but there's bit of labour involved to replaced it.

If its a few leaking seals then I would buy the full gasket set(cheaper to buy the set) and replace what's leaking from the set.

Straight forward job on the 1.3 golf though , there's plenty space to easily do the work.

As far as possible, STAY AWAY from cheap seals, wont even be a year and then it will start to leak again.
1992 Mazda 323 B3 - Masala Mods
2008 VW POLO GTI - 76mm DP + 63mm exhaust , induction, FMIC, Thanas Tuned
Jungle_Jo
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 3 months
Car Model: Citi Golf 1.3

Re: Oil leak, Seals replacements

Post by Jungle_Jo »

ICE King wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:46 am The brand of seal & which seal is leaking will determine the cost of repair ,example if it's a crank seal , A good make like victor reinz or payen will cost +-R250 for the seal itself but there's bit of labour involved to replaced it.

If its a few leaking seals then I would buy the full gasket set(cheaper to buy the set) and replace what's leaking from the set.

Straight forward job on the 1.3 golf though , there's plenty space to easily do the work.

As far as possible, STAY AWAY from cheap seals, wont even be a year and then it will start to leak again.
Thanks for the advice.