trying to get above 125kw - 8v MK2 8v expert advice needed...

AmaZak786
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

trying to get above 125kw - 8v MK2 8v expert advice needed...

Post by AmaZak786 »

Hi guys,

I have a very special mk2 Golf, an 8v 2.1 stroker. I want to take the power output further, still learning about the car and the build was inspired by the infamous Gti Engineering RE2100 Clubsport but mine is an 8v with 285 camshaft (4 degrees advance), AGG block mk3, TDI crank, digifant injection and chipped ecu.

Guru's advice is much appreciated!! 2.1L 8v's info is rare in my area, thanks in advance...

Yaseen
Our Household arsenal: Golf MK2 2.1L 8v, Jetta MK2 Type 19, Golf Mk3 Rolling Stones, Audi A1 Sline,RSQ3, BMW Cabrio E88
DotDubb
Can I buy your wheels?
Registered for: 15 years
Car Make: Audi A6 3.0T
Car Model: DKW, Cabrio, A6 avant,Mk2
Membership No: 1593

Re: trying to get above 125kw - 8v MK2 8v expert advice needed...

Post by DotDubb »

I'm not too sure on the 8vs, 125kw is a lot, if it's on the wheels and not flywheel.

I had 133 wheel kw, but on a 2.1 16v on throttles.

The easiest way would be fuel, if you can go methanol fuel. Need to get big injectors and possibly a fuel tank in the boot. This is for race only and need to drain the fuel after each race as methanol will eat away on aluminum. naturally meth does burn much faster than regular fuel.

Sarel from 8v Performance in Benoni build my motor, maybe speak to him directly? Maybe check out his Facebook page, he posts his builds on there.
Current:
2012 Audi A6 3.0T TFSI Supercharged Quattro
2005 Audi A6 3.0tdi Avant Quattro
1999 Golf Cabrio Mk3.5 1.8 20V Turbo
1991 Golf Mk2 1.8 20vT
1960 Autounion DKW 1000s
AmaZak786
Wheel Whore
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by AmaZak786 »

DotDubb wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:53 am I'm not too sure on the 8vs, 125kw is a lot, if it's on the wheels and not flywheel.

I had 133 wheel kw, but on a 2.1 16v on throttles.

The easiest way would be fuel, if you can go methanol fuel. Need to get big injectors and possibly a fuel tank in the boot. This is for race only and need to drain the fuel after each race as methanol will eat away on aluminum. naturally meth does burn much faster than regular fuel.

Sarel from 8v Performance in Benoni build my motor, maybe speak to him directly? Maybe check out his Facebook page, he posts his builds on there.

Thanks DotDubb! I appreciate the reply. Do you have any video links to your car? Would love to hear it running...

I have heard about Sarel. Don’t have FB but I will check if they have a website. I have seen super cool heads running Toyota throttles. Good points about the fuel but it’s not easy to get anything higher than Shell V Power for me sadly! Also I want to try keep the car as road legal as possible. I was thinking more in terms of fuel management and ECU... any suggestions and contacts on these. And what are more modern options, heard loads about MP9 conversions etc...
Our Household arsenal: Golf MK2 2.1L 8v, Jetta MK2 Type 19, Golf Mk3 Rolling Stones, Audi A1 Sline,RSQ3, BMW Cabrio E88
DotDubb
Can I buy your wheels?
Registered for: 15 years
Car Make: Audi A6 3.0T
Car Model: DKW, Cabrio, A6 avant,Mk2
Membership No: 1593

Post by DotDubb »

AmaZak786 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:20 pm
Thanks DotDubb! I appreciate the reply. Do you have any video links to your car? Would love to hear it running...

I have heard about Sarel. Don’t have FB but I will check if they have a website. I have seen super cool heads running Toyota throttles. Good points about the fuel but it’s not easy to get anything higher than Shell V Power for me sadly! Also I want to try keep the car as road legal as possible. I was thinking more in terms of fuel management and ECU... any suggestions and contacts on these. And what are more modern options, heard loads about MP9 conversions etc...
Anytime bud.

Yes here is a link to my velo on YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzCwiJJhNaE

Yeah most of my power came from my head, if you have proper valve springs, retainers, lifters and cams, then it makes good power. Plus a proper flow. I was solid lifter though.

I used Dicktator ECU, but I hear very good things about Spitstronics as you have tons more features and is easy to tune.
Here is Sarel's number, I got the ECU from him as well and he will give you the proper advice you need.
Sarel zero 82 97 zero 5478
Current:
2012 Audi A6 3.0T TFSI Supercharged Quattro
2005 Audi A6 3.0tdi Avant Quattro
1999 Golf Cabrio Mk3.5 1.8 20V Turbo
1991 Golf Mk2 1.8 20vT
1960 Autounion DKW 1000s