VW Polo Vivo 1,6 poor throttle response

Frederik Stapelberg
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 4 months

VW Polo Vivo 1,6 poor throttle response

Post by Frederik Stapelberg »

I have a naturally aspirated 1,6 L Polo Vivo (2020 model) which hesitates to respond when I depress the petrol pedal when gearing up. On deceleration the opposite happens namely it keeps on revving higher for a second or so even though my foot is already off the pedal when gearing down. Problem is that this is not always the case - some times the response to my throttle input is instantaneous. I have an idea that this is caused by a problem with the catalitic converter (is it partially blocked?) - i.e. perhaps a build-up of gasses in the cat on the way out of the exhaust. The dealer tells me there is no problem with the car. Could it be the way Polos s with a catalitic converter run these days? It makes me hesitate to take gaps in the traffic since I do not know how the car will respond.
LesediM
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo

Re: VW Polo Vivo 1,6 poor throttle response

Post by LesediM »

I was annoyed by the same throttle response in my 2012 Polo Vivo. It is actually normal behaviour. It appears that it's due to the ECU trying to control it. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6SSeLivqE