HELP ON VR6 PLEASE

minehunter1979
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

HELP ON VR6 PLEASE

Post by minehunter1979 »

Good morning everyone.
So I am busy with a build and have a thread " MK2 GOLF 1990 GTI with 24v 2.8 VR6" in the “Non-Technical: Rides” section.
Long story short. Body of car I am using is a 1990 big bumper Golf MK2 GTI 1800 8v. Engine I have imported from the U.K is from MK4 VR6 24V (150kw) engine code BDE (4 MOTION) and I also installed the 6 speed gearbox (manual) on there that goes with this engine.
Ok.
So I imported also the original ECU & wiring harnesses. One being the engine loom and the other the one for the O2 sensors and some other stuff like going to your fuse box. Also had to get the wiring loom from alternator to battery. Then got a loom made up by STANCE DUBS in Canada that connects the original CE2 fuse box from the MK2 to the wiring loom from the MK4.

So what I am trying to say is I tried to keep it original.

Here is where I need your help.
At first the car did not click or start and I added TWO earth wires. Also after replacing the fuel pump, fuel pump relay and fuel filter PLUS 3 NEW COILS the car has started and idled very nicely BUT THE ACCELERATOR PEDDAL IS NOT RESPONDING.

What I am experiencing at the moment and it is a mouth full:
For the first time when I plug in my scan tool on the OBD port it does not read "signal lost"
On the instrument cluster the petrol cage and rev counter does not respond.
The engine turns but don"t start.
The fuel pump relay at the fuse box goes on and of non stop and so does the fuel pump under the car. (Put in new fuel relay and still the same)
Also then in the engine bay the electronic throttle body SOUNDS like it is opening and closing also non stop.
You can also hear at the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail the petrol is also pushing threw there on the same beat as the fuel pump and relay goes on and off non stop.
My relay #428 which is a relay that is in the engine bay also goes on and off non stop. And this is the relay for the ECU. I have replaced this relay with two new other ones and still clicks non stop.

Then not to talk about my second hand VR6 CLUSTER I bought from Latvia. When I plug it in it sets off the one relay on the fuse box called #6 Emergency Flasher with my right indicator staying on.

Anyone with any help, even a small idea or hint please let me know.

Is this a earth issue maybe and where must I earth more? I s it the ECU that needs to be earthed?
minehunter1979
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Re: HELP ON VR6 PLEASE

Post by minehunter1979 »

OK so I would like to thank everyone out there that responded !!! Awesome to know there is people that have all this experience and have your back!!!
NOT!!!
Just being sarcastic!!!
But I will just let you know I figured out the problem all by myself.
:crazy: :hurray: :troll:

Thanks for nothing!
Jet Li
Cadet
Registered for: 16 years 7 months
Membership No: 3103

Post by Jet Li »

Lol. Conversions are never easy, especially without a thread. It makes it difficult to advice. Just do the right thing and start a thread so that we can learn more from your challenges. Thanx
'09 8P S3 Sportback (MT)
'10 B8 S4 V6T (DSG)
'15 6C GTi (MT)
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Jet Li wrote:Lol. Conversions are never easy, especially without a thread. It makes it difficult to advice. Just do the right thing and start a thread so that we can learn more from your challenges. Thanx
He has one.

Kthxbye

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+