Registered for: 7 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '90 1.8 Caddy sport
Membership No: 3224

NEED HELP PLEASE!!! - Audi A4 B6 - SLUGGISH

Post by Spelwan88 »

Hi people

Please help me out...

I have a 2004 Audi A4 B6 2.0 (ALT Non-Turbo).

HISTORY:
Just before lockdown the car suffered a timing belt snap and bent almost all the valves.
Needless to say I had all 20 valves replaced, and all new valve guides, valve stem seals replaced, head bolts, etc.
Also new complete gaskets for the intake and exhaust, VVT solenoid, cam seals, and head gasket.
New timing belt kit (INA solid type) and new water pump and full service kit (Oil, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter).

PROBLEMS:
The car has almost no Torque & Power below 3000 rpm (I assume that is when the VVT comes into play). However, the car could barely maintain speed, Even @ 120km/h in 3rd gear. To put it in simple terms the car feels gutless

I had the car scanned and it picked up an error code Cam Position Sensor - signal too low (16725) to which I replaced the sensor and the car had the same problem.
Thereafter I had the car scanned again and the error code Cam Position Sensor - signal too High (16727) appeared.

After some research I discovered that the only remaining fault can be timing, So I redid the entire timing belt procedure from start to finish, including giving the cam gear timing a once over.

Took the car for a test drive and it's A LOT better, but the lack of power is still there, intermittently though. I was able to get the car to 150km/h. Still required a lot of downshifts though :(.

Please help me figure out why there is a Loss of Power and why it is intermittently.

All pics of timing marks can be seen in the pics below: Hopefully I didn't screw anything up :crazy:

Exhaust Cam Gear Mark

Intake Cam Gear Mark

Crank Pulley Mark

Cam Pulley Mark in relation to Tappet Cover

Dampener Pulley Mark

Also Note that everything about this car is stock and has 210 000 kms on the clock. It has seen regular services from new by the dealerships and since the end of the motor plan it has been serviced using Shell ultra oils and quality known parts sold only by Goldwagen.

Only parts ever replaced beyond service required parts are:
1. Thermostat unit
2. Accessory belt tensioner

Thanks
Daily:
04 Audi A4 2.0 (B6)
90 VW Caddy 1.8 Sport
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Re: NEED HELP PLEASE!!! - Audi A4 B6 - SLUGGISH

Post by missioner »

Take it to Panic's place. He's in Benoni. He should have it sorted in a jiffy.

Sent from my ***-L22 using Tapatalk

'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+