Jetta MK4 headgasket replacement

Luciowp
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Jetta MK4 headgasket replacement

Post by Luciowp »

[*] Good day all please advise me and recommendations would be appreciated.
I have a 2000 model Jetta 1.6 Akl engine , she went in for new tyres and the tyre shop advised the car had a oil leak , I took it in for steam cleaning and the leak was identified as the tappet cover gasket, i had it replaced but the car still leaked oil. They checked again and said it was leaking between the cylinders head , and also had a water leak , about a liter every 3 weeks , So now I was advised to replace the headgasket, timing belt ,tensioner and waterpump. I bought all these parts so far including headbolts, can anyone please advise me on a good mechanic to do the work for me and a price to do the work would be appreciated. I am in the Goodwood area Cpt , please dm me.
Thanks in advance
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Jetta MK4 headgasket replacement

Post by PapaJo »

Luciowp wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:21 pm [*] Good day all please advise me and recommendations would be appreciated.
I have a 2000 model Jetta 1.6 Akl engine , she went in for new tyres and the tyre shop advised the car had a oil leak , I took it in for steam cleaning and the leak was identified as the tappet cover gasket, i had it replaced but the car still leaked oil. They checked again and said it was leaking between the cylinders head , and also had a water leak , about a liter every 3 weeks , So now I was advised to replace the headgasket, timing belt ,tensioner and waterpump. I bought all these parts so far including headbolts, can anyone please advise me on a good mechanic to do the work for me and a price to do the work would be appreciated. I am in the Goodwood area Cpt , please dm me.
Thanks in advance
Contact Thanas here on the forum. He would be able to assist you.
dcmk4
Lieutenant
Registered for: 9 years 11 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: MK7 GTi

Re: Jetta MK4 headgasket replacement

Post by dcmk4 »

I'll recommend the same place Thanas would suggest which is J2 Auto Services in Ottery
Honest and quality workmanship, they have worked on all of my cars and never had an issue.

http://www.j2auto.co.za/contact.html
'14 Golf Mk7 GTI
THANAS STG/// ECU&DSG
Littco L380x
All the ponies