Afternoon guys I own an mk1 1.4 feul injection ad iam have a problem with the consumption, black smoke revs until 4000

Kandorozuivangua
Enlisted
Registered for: 3 years 9 months

Afternoon guys I own an mk1 1.4 feul injection ad iam have a problem with the consumption, black smoke revs until 4000

Post by Kandorozuivangua »

My tena citi is have a problem i changed my feul pump with a after market one and since that it has been using too much fuel and releasing smoke leaving my tips black with ashes
LesediM
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo

Re: Afternoon guys I own an mk1 1.4 feul injection ad iam have a problem with the consumption, black smoke revs until 4

Post by LesediM »

I'm not an expert but it looks like your pump is sending too much fuel to the engine. Maybe you purchased a pump that is for a bigger engine or you purchased a performance fuel pump?
Rourke
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Afternoon guys I own an mk1 1.4 feul injection ad iam have a problem with the consumption, black smoke revs until 4

Post by Rourke »

Kandorozuivangua wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm My tena citi is have a problem i changed my feul pump with a after market one and since that it has been using too much fuel and releasing smoke leaving my tips black with ashes

Kandor

I believe there to be many things that can coz this black smoke

And thing is you gone run around and spend money by tryna figure out the issue.

I am no expert but if any1 els seconds me then i would say get some1 with VCDS to check the sensors and to check for errors .
If the person is a merchanic also to check timing
I changed sensors back and forth just to find out it was timing.

Hope you come right

Cheers
Rourke
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by Rourke »

LesediM wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am I'm not an expert but it looks like your pump is sending too much fuel to the engine. Maybe you purchased a pump that is for a bigger engine or you purchased a performance fuel pump?

Lesedi

I dont see how a more higher pressure pump can coz issues

There is a FPR regulating the pressure and release fuel if there is too much pressure back to the tank.

The injectors also only open and close on comand of the cpu so still cant have a issue.

I can be wrong

Cheers
LesediM
Enlisted
Registered for: 10 years 4 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo Vivo

Post by LesediM »

Rourke wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:55 am
Kandorozuivangua wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:52 pm My tena citi is have a problem i changed my feul pump with a after market one and since that it has been using too much fuel and releasing smoke leaving my tips black with ashes

Kandor

I believe there to be many things that can coz this black smoke

And thing is you gone run around and spend money by tryna figure out the issue.

I am no expert but if any1 els seconds me then i would say get some1 with VCDS to check the sensors and to check for errors .
If the person is a merchanic also to check timing
I changed sensors back and forth just to find out it was timing.

Hope you come right

Cheers
:iagree: