Velociti not starting

Noelin26
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 7 months

Velociti not starting

Post by Noelin26 »

Howsit guy's, i have a 2006 velociti 1.6i, she swings but refuses to start, I tested the plug that fits to the fuel pump and there isn't any power going through, i have checked the normal fuse box on the driver's side and all seems to be fine,
Any idea what could be the problem?
Storm Huxham
Enlisted

Re: Velociti not starting

Post by Storm Huxham »

HI Guys
i have a different problem - my car starts perfectly everyday but when she stands for more than two days the car sounds like it has a flat battery. you kick start the car and it has no problems turning over. i have replaced the battery in the car as well as the positive and negative cables on the battery. Any ideas why this happens and how i can prevent it from happening again ?
i have a golf MK1 2007 velociti

thanks
chucker02
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Citi ADY

Post by chucker02 »

Noelin26 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:00 am Howsit guy's, i have a 2006 velociti 1.6i, she swings but refuses to start, I tested the plug that fits to the fuel pump and there isn't any power going through, i have checked the normal fuse box on the driver's side and all seems to be fine,
Any idea what could be the problem?
Hey, please check the fuel pump relay. Its under the steering wheel. There are 2 relays down there. One for the wipers and one for the fuel pump. They always get water somehow and stops working
Current:

2006 Citi Golf 2E, Dictator, 4-2-1

Ex:
2003 Audi A3 1.8t, Thanas Tuned, FMIC, coilies, DP and exhaust
2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, estas 282, 4-2-1, coilies
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329
2002 Citi golf. ADY carb, estas 282, 4-2-1, GW delarey big brake kit.
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603
1971 VW beetle
chucker02
Captain
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
Car Model: Citi ADY

Post by chucker02 »

Storm Huxham wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:32 am HI Guys
i have a different problem - my car starts perfectly everyday but when she stands for more than two days the car sounds like it has a flat battery. you kick start the car and it has no problems turning over. i have replaced the battery in the car as well as the positive and negative cables on the battery. Any ideas why this happens and how i can prevent it from happening again ?
i have a golf MK1 2007 velociti

thanks
Hey, something is busy draining your battery, either a tracker unit or something that is not turning off
Current:

2006 Citi Golf 2E, Dictator, 4-2-1

Ex:
2003 Audi A3 1.8t, Thanas Tuned, FMIC, coilies, DP and exhaust
2007 Citi golf. ADY with Spitronics 60-2, estas 282, 4-2-1, coilies
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=183329
2002 Citi golf. ADY carb, estas 282, 4-2-1, GW delarey big brake kit.
Rides thread: http://vwclub.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=157603
1971 VW beetle
Storm Huxham
Enlisted

Post by Storm Huxham »

Hi Chucker02
thanks for the feedback - i have removed the aftermarket central locking and alarm system. - i dont have a tracker in the car at the moment.
the cab light is not on and removed the globe, the radio face is off. so im really lost here.
could it maybe be the fuel pump not switching off properly, i cant think of anything else that could cause this problem.
do you know a good auto electrician around the alberton area ?
Noelin26
Enlisted

Post by Noelin26 »

Hi guys, on my 2006 velociti,
My indicators and hazards are not working yet the light on the dash comes on, i have checked the fuses and they are fine, but there is no power going to the indicators, none of them work
None of the indicator lights are coming on, there isn't any power going to them yet on the fuse box it's all well
missioner
Major
Registered for: 10 years 3 months
Car Model: '87 MK1 Golf Citi

Post by missioner »

Noelin26 wrote:Hi guys, on my 2006 velociti,
My indicators and hazards are not working yet the light on the dash comes on, i have checked the fuses and they are fine, but there is no power going to the indicators, none of them work
None of the indicator lights are coming on, there isn't any power going to them yet on the fuse box it's all well
There are two big fuses next to the battery.

Buy new ones
'87 Golf 1 Olde Skewl OEM+