MK2 GOLF VR6 2.8 24V BDE build

minehunter1979
Cadet
Registered for: 4 years 9 months

Post by minehunter1979 »

Good day.
I have a golf mk 2 jumbo 1990 gti big bumper fully restored body and 80% interior as well as the underneath and more.
I bought a BDE VR6 2.8 24V import engine coming out of the UK FROM A GOLF 4.

In the next few weeks please assist me in my questions.
# 1. Has anyone done this build?
# 2. What engine mountings will work between BDE engine and standard GOLF Mk2 engine bay? I still have my original mk2's.
# 3. With the electronic Throttle Body, How should i go about it? Should i change acceleration pedal (Electronic and which car and how does that work) or should & will a AAA VR6 throttle body work with the cable and this way don't have to change my pedals.
#4. I want to take off the tappet cover cause it needs a good polish. Does Goldwagon or vw stock gasgets for this engine cover or will the R32 one fit ? (Already took of intake manifold)
#5. Where can i find a wiring harness / engine loom for this BDE VR6 2.8 24V?
#6. Should i go aftermarket (Spitronics/ Dicktator) and how does it work to control all the sensors and things?
#7. Or should i find original ECU?

Oh and by the way. Did i mention i am not a mechanic.
I am in Cape Town. Is there anyone that can assist me to get this project on the road or just advise me in my questions?
jaredm
Captain
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by jaredm »

Interested to see how this turns out. I’m keen on doing a similar swap on my mk2 at some stage. Will probably go the 12v route though.

Watch this, some great info on the conversion.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... qGJFKBErlJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Golf VII GTi Performance Pack DSG
Mk2 Golf 2.0l 16v Exec

Ex:
2012 Edition 35 Dsg CPI Stg2
Golf 6 .:R DSG CPI Stg2+
Scirocco 2.0TSi DSG K04
Golf 3 VR6 Turbo
Golf V GTi DSG
Mazda 3 MPS