Issue with my Polo 9n 2003 model

SharksTM
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Issue with my Polo 9n 2003 model

Post by SharksTM »

Good Day,

I serviced my Polo 9N 2003 model late last year.

the issue of misfiring and cutting started after I did the service although the issue doesn't happen every day.

What usually happens is that after I travel long distances (200 km) or even shorter distances (30 Km) and I switch off the car completely for a couple of minutes and I then try to switch it on again the idle would change and the car would misfire and eventually cut and also would lose power once I start moving, I would then switch it off again and try and the issue will persist.

I sometimes accelerate fully till the rev count reaches 50 for a couple of times (3 or 4 tries) then the car would return to normal, but this doesn't always work as the car would end not starting and i will have to wait for a couple of minutes for the car to cool off then it will return to normal.

Would you kindly assist as to what might be the cause or how can I resolve the issue? It frustrating as it only happens once in a blue moon.

Thanks
Tumelo
Wicked GP
Enlisted
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: Issue with my Polo 9n 2003 model

Post by Wicked GP »

I'm no car expert but I'm in the same predicament as you. I have 08 Polo 1.6 the low idle and heavy fueling started after my cambelt change. I was told it was the injectors but today had a compression test done and 3 cylinders are under low compression. The engine has over 230k kms and has been regularly serviced. Now have to probably have it overhauled or maybe consider putting in a 2.0 engine instead. Anyone care to share their thoughts. I can't even switch the aircon on without it cutting off. :mad:
2008 VW Polo 1.6 9n3--> current
Ex 2006 Audi 2.0TFSI
Ex 2004 VW Golf 1.4
BIGMIG
Porra Love
Registered for: 14 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 9N3 GTB22/60vk Sportline
Membership No: 1574

Post by BIGMIG »

Need more vehicle details, ie mileage and engine size.
When I did a service on the SO’s polo 6R 1.4, when I pulled the coil packs the one felt a fit tight and felt resistance. So pulled it anyways and turned out great insulating rubber had torn. I didn’t have a spare coil pack so continued with the service. When I went to start car it had an immediate mis. Went to buy a new coil pack, fitted it and the mis was resolved.
My NoPiel assassin

Goose, soot ninja
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Without seeing and doing some testing it is almost impossible to guess.
Can be a fuel pump issue, can be a fuel pump relay, can be spark related etc.etc. without seeing the car when it does that or at that stage checking fuel pressure it is almost impossible to guess what makes it happen every once in a while.
Can even be a water temp sender.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.