Overheating citi golf chicco

HKV186GP
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Overheating citi golf chicco

Post by HKV186GP »

Hi guys i have a citi golf chico caberator. When driving above 100km/h. It start to overheat. I looked for signs of headgasket damage. Nothing found. Oil is clean. I checked the radiator hose they seem okey.. I have now removed the thermo start and briged the radiator fan. The problen stil exist. Somene advised me abt the sansors. Can any ome with knwladge help pls!!!!!
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 14 years
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Overheating citi golf chicco

Post by PapaJo »

Removing the thermostat worsen the problem on those motors.

Get a new thermostat fitted if the one you have removed does not open when you put it in boiled kettle water.

The sensors you were advised on is ?????? The fan temperature switch where the fan wires connect that you have bridged now?

What year model and was the radiator replaced recently and can you confirm it is the original spec radiator? Any water loss detected?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 8 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

yup - cannot remove thermostat on those, it will just make the issue worse. You could also have a failed pump or thermo switch on the rad. But you have to do some diagnostic /hunting. Yes maybe the sensor is reading wrong
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
MikesDub1984
Enlisted
Registered for: 11 years
Car Make: VW
Car Model: 2.0l 8valve Citi

Post by MikesDub1984 »

Hi,

I second everything everyone else suggested and would like to add the following as it happened to me, check the o-ring around your expansion tank cap. If it doesnt seal properly the cooling system cannot pressurize when the car builds up operating temperature it instantly causes the car over heat. The moment I replaced that seal my problems were gone. It has to do with the fact that the lower the pressure the lower the temperature required to boil water.

Cheers!!
buffyza
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 10 months

Post by buffyza »

Yep as MikesDub has said, except id just get a new cap.

Had it on mine where it was still overheating and a new cap solved the issue!