Polo 6n mp9 Ecu issues

Lahrifive
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 9 months

Polo 6n mp9 Ecu issues

Post by Lahrifive »

Good evening guys new to the forum
Having a problem with my polo Playa 6n millennium dash 2001 model
OK I fitted a 2.0 16v 9a motor and currently using my original 1.6 mp9 Ecu didn't wanna go the aftermarket route so I managed to get hold of a mp9 Ecu that's chipped for the 16v motor but as soon as I plug the box in the car it will start as soon as I pull off it cuts out and dies I then decided to remove the speedo sensor on the gearbox then the car is able to drive no issues but then my cluster Rev counter goes berserk will remain at 3000rpm but idles normal so guys how can I solve this issue as I don't want to go aftermarket please share some advise and make my evening
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: Polo 6n mp9 Ecu issues

Post by PapaJo »

Sounds like the chipped box is not liking the speed sensor input and affecting the operation on it. Then with the speed sensor disconnected, you are creating an open loop to the cluster and its electronics.

Did you check with speed sensor connected that cluster and rev counter is acting normal?
Lahrifive
Enlisted

Post by Lahrifive »

Thanx for the reply
Yes I did plug the speed sensor in while the chipped box is plugged but revs stays at 3000 rpm doesn't lower or go higher but car idle normal but when the car is driven cuts out.
Lahrifive
Enlisted

Post by Lahrifive »

Ja and if the the chipped box is plugged in and speedo sensor removed the car drives revs stays on 3000rpm but then oil light starts making noise
Isn't there a wire on the polo mp9 harness that can be chopped off to cure this problem car feels like a donkey cart with the oem 1.6 ecu and don't wanna go aftermarket.
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT

Post by PapaJo »

No way to chop a wire. The oil buzzer warning is a resukt of the RPM value higher than 2000 RPM. Where is the oil sensor wire connected and is that connected to the high pressure switch or low pressure switch. Some models have both switches and some only the high pressure switch. What is the colour code of wire connected to the oil pressure switch?
Pynoxim
Lieutenant
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Pynoxim »

I had the same issue when I did my 2.0 swap in my Polo and got my Polo Cup ECU, turns out there are some things that need to be changed on the ECU side when you have the Millenium Dash installed, so find someone who is able to do it for you. Here in CPT we use a guy named Allen, he's the MP9 guru, I got my ECU from him and had to take it back to him when I had those same issues with my car, he mentioned that I need to inform him if I have a millenium dash.
Thursday Milkshake Crew
'00 GS2 Lexus GS300
Vag101
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw Golf mk4 1.9tdi
Car Model: Mk4

Post by Vag101 »

Hi guyz dd you came right with chipped box when speed sensor pluged in millennium dash
Vag101
Enlisted
Registered for: 4 years 2 months
Car Make: Vw Golf mk4 1.9tdi
Car Model: Mk4

Post by Vag101 »

Until now stil strangling to get it right