fuel problems

old school 8v
Enlisted
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

fuel problems

Post by old school 8v »

hi guys new to the forum loving the advice and dedication. I have a old school 2l 8v ady with management car started nothing and holding back power today revs sit below 1000rpm fuel pump used to make a buzzer noise before now only on first turn then stops when car is on idle never did this before. when you put foot down to rev it car doesn't build up revs sits at 1000rpm and doesn't climb sounds like it's starved for fuel car bogs can't even drive it anywhere not even 5m down the road any suggestions need help desperately
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Re: fuel problems

Post by PapaJo »

Was the car dyno tuned with the management system?
What management system?
Is there a fuel pressure gauge and fuel pressure regulator installed? The buzzing noise tells me it could be a fuel supply problem.
Do you have a fuel filter before or after the fuel pump installed?
old school 8v
Enlisted

Post by old school 8v »

not to sure as I got it recently it has a Mr turbo management.... thing is it ran completely fine when buzzing sound was on now it's dead as hell doesn't even build up revs think something on management side went wrong?
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Oh. The buzzing sound was the fuel pump. Now it's dead. Change the pump or make sure there is voltage at it first.
Ifnvoltage present then dead pump.
If no voltage prsent , dead relay or dead fuse. No idea how it is wired so check for yourself.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
old school 8v
Enlisted

Post by old school 8v »

thanks guys getting an auto electrician to check tomorrow he said it could be a relay as was mentioned also got into that if fuel pump was blocked car wouldn't start at all is this true?
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

old school 8v wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 pm thanks guys getting an auto electrician to check tomorrow he said it could be a relay as was mentioned also got into that if fuel pump was blocked car wouldn't start at all is this true?
Let your auto elcetrician check first. Yes could be blockage, we don’t know your setup and if fuel filter is installed on fuel supply to pump or after oump. In both case, yes a blockage can kill the pump when running dry or against a dead head.
old school 8v
Enlisted

Post by old school 8v »

how likely us it gonna be tgat I have to replace
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

old school 8v wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:05 pm how likely us it gonna be tgat I have to replace
How long is a piece of string? Same type of question. You will only know once the car and pump was checked by your auto electrician.
old school 8v
Enlisted

Post by old school 8v »

howzit guys so the auto electrician checked up on it he said fuel pump is switching on and off basically spark is coming then going and suggestions?
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

old school 8v wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:40 pm howzit guys so the auto electrician checked up on it he said fuel pump is switching on and off basically spark is coming then going and suggestions?
Spark will come and go on the sparkplugs as the rotor turns when motor is cranked over.

Or

does he mean you have power and then disconnects from pump and coil?

If the latter, check the ignition switch.

So this now a power problem and not a fuel problem.
old school 8v
Enlisted

Post by old school 8v »

so guys I spoke to the guy he says getting ignition getting spark and fuel was told to change spark plugs in case it's wet did that still not resolved could it be because of a dirty throttle?
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

What’s going on here? This started off with a fuel pump buzzing sound that stopped and car does not want to rev up. Then no spark and then there is spark and fuel, but does not start. Was the fuel oump replaced or checked that it actually does pump fuel with pressure to the injectors. Next I am predicting no fuel pressure. Have you checked that? Do you have access to the mrturbo program on a laptop and serial cable?
old school 8v
Enlisted

Post by old school 8v »

so update the vehicle was towed to a mech friend of mine, he said he'd run it up on the software and check if it's anything to do with the management fuel pump was checked fuel and pressure is coming through need to check fuel pressure though started it up today starts up but barely even idling. What could it be a sensor fuel injector?
Ashveer03
Lieutenant
Registered for: 7 years 1 month
Car Make: VW
Car Model: Polo 9n 1.9 TDI Sportline

Post by Ashveer03 »

Faulty map sensor..?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

When a car tailgates me, i slow down - then floor it and give them a cloud of diesel smoke to choke on :driving: