dicktator issues help please

panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Re: dicktator issues help please

Post by panic-mechanic »

The fact that the plugs are soaking in fuel means you have enough fuel. Also plugs don't really tolerate that. Many will just die so get the fuel less and try a fresh set of plugs.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
mon2fri
Cadet
Registered for: 6 years

Post by mon2fri »

good morning

i`ve changed the fuel pump tried to swing nothing happened, so today after work will try checking the voltage on the pin 30 on the relay while cranking, and panic ill try to buy new set of plugs also.

thanx guys
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

can i send you guys my startup map so that u may tune it then send back ?
PapaJo
Brigadier
Registered for: 13 years 11 months
Car Make: VW's
Car Model: '16 7R, '86 Caddy AUM 20VT
Membership No: missing

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 am can i send you guys my startup map so that u may tune it then send back ?
PM me your email adress and I will send you my startup map. Bit hectic at work today and will try to send tonight or tomorrow while traveling through airports back to SA. .
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

Ohk papajo

Thanx
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Back in SA at home
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

good day

today ive tested the wire pin17 the 12v sense i found out that the wire was cut so i soldered it back.
when priming i get +-12v on pin 87
theres spark when priming but when i swing the car theres no control
i cant read the Rpm or fuel
but when i unplug the 12v sense wire on 17 i get control and rpm reading.
now i am lost.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Let me get this now, when the 12v sense wire is cut, you get RPM and spark. After you have soldered the sense wire back to the cut wire on pin 17, you are not getting control.

What do you mean with “no control”?

No spark and no fuel and no RPM? If you are getting spark and fuel, it could be timing or map setup issue.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

no control - spark is there but i don't have rpm reading and fuel reading on the data page
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 pm no control - spark is there but i don't have rpm reading and fuel reading on the data page
Initial spark or spark also present during cranking? Doubt that there is any spark during cranking as it needs rpm input to make it spark and pulse injectors. Think you mean initial spark when switching on ignition and then nothing. You get an initial spark when you switch the ecu on. That is correct, but to spark during cranking, you need rpm reading.

Does the red light stay on when switched on and during cranking? Is the green and amber light flashing during cranking? Is the red bar turning green and stay green on the data page?
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:24 pm
mon2fri wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:33 pm no control - spark is there but i don't have rpm reading and fuel reading on the data page
Initial spark or spark also present during cranking? Doubt that there is any spark during cranking as it needs rpm input to make it spark and pulse injectors. Think you mean initial spark when switching on ignition and then nothing. You get an initial spark when you switch the ecu on. That is correct, but to spark during cranking, you need rpm reading.

Does the red light stay on when switched on and during cranking? Is the green and amber light flashing during cranking? Is the red bar turning green and stay green on the data page?
when wire to pin 17 is disconnected i have spark during cranking and the amber and green light flickers
but when the wire is soldered back on i just get the initial spark when i put the car on,and no flickering of the amber and green and the rpm doesn't read also when i swing/start the car
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:30 am
PapaJo wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:24 pm

when wire to pin 17 is disconnected i have spark during cranking and the amber and green light flickers
but when the wire is soldered back on i just get the initial spark when i put the car on,and no flickering of the amber and green and the rpm doesn't read also when i swing/start the car
Trace out the power wires to the relay and tell me where they are connected end to end. There is a wiring issue there.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

for now i can confirm pin 30 goes straight to battery +
and pin 87 fuel pump,injectors and idle stabilizer
86 and 85 not sure ill make sure to check and report back after work.

and yes the red light does stay on during cranking
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:21 am for now i can confirm pin 30 goes straight to battery +
and pin 87 fuel pump,injectors and idle stabilizer
86 and 85 not sure ill make sure to check and report back after work.

and yes the red light does stay on during cranking
Did you use this guide to wire?
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

yes i did use the 60-2 diagram and i connected everything as illustrated on the chart.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm yes i did use the 60-2 diagram and i connected everything as illustrated on the chart.
Ok, good. Posted the std diagram and not 60-2. You are right then.

I’m still baffled why you get rpm when disconnecting the 12v sense wire from pin 17. Suspecting you have a reverse polarity wiring somewhere.

Is the polarity and pins correct on the 3 pin magnetic sensor?
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:58 pm
mon2fri wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm yes i did use the 60-2 diagram and i connected everything as illustrated on the chart.
Ok, good. Posted the std diagram and not 60-2. You are right then.

I’m still baffled why you get rpm when disconnecting the 12v sense wire from pin 17. Suspecting you have a reverse polarity wiring somewhere.

Is the polarity and pins correct on the 3 pin magnetic sensor?
magnetic sensor meaning the crankshaft sensor? if yes then its the way you instructed me to pin 1 red pin 2 white and pin 3 ground.

but today i noticed that even when i unplug the idle stabilizer i dnt get the rpm reading when i put the car on. and the green and ember light don't flick when i swing the car.

so i think i have to check my wiring one by one even the continuity and polarity on all wires i think i am missing sum thing here
panic-mechanic
Panic's Place
Registered for: 21 years 7 months
Membership No: 79

Post by panic-mechanic »

Pin3 of the magnetic must go to signal ground ie the thing marked ve- or pin 9/10 not ground as in enginenor chassis ground.
Stephan van Tonder - Jhb - Putfontein Benoni
'05 Audi A6 3.0L TDI Avant
'09 Touareg 3l TDI
'13 VW CC 2l tdi (repair project)
'05 Touareg v10

Perfect Power dealer. I do dyno tuning.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

panic-mechanic wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:32 am Pin3 of the magnetic must go to signal ground ie the thing marked ve- or pin 9/10 not ground as in enginenor chassis ground.
good day panic

on my wiring loom pin 9 and 10 are soldered together then they cum out with five ground wires
1. to water temp
2. to air
3. to crank shaft sensor no:3 pin
4. to throttle position sensor
5 to battery neg
i found it like that when i purchased the box second hand.if its wrong please advice.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm
panic-mechanic wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:32 am Pin3 of the magnetic must go to signal ground ie the thing marked ve- or pin 9/10 not ground as in enginenor chassis ground.
good day panic

on my wiring loom pin 9 and 10 are soldered together then they cum out with five ground wires
1. to water temp
2. to air
5 to battery neg
i found it like that when i purchased the box second hand.if its wrong please advice.
*5 to battery neg* Only thick black goes to negative on battery, rest are for your sensors and TPS.

Thin black wires are the ecu negatives Panic refers to.

Are your temp sensors twin blade sensors or single blade sensors? If single blade, then you use the color coded wire only. If twin bladed then you use the color coded wire and one of the thin black wires to it.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:49 pm
mon2fri wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:39 pm
good day panic

1. to water temp
2. to air
5 to battery neg
*5 to battery neg* Only thick black goes to negative on battery, rest are for your sensors and TPS.

Thin black wires are the ecu negatives Panic refers to.

Are your temp sensors twin blade sensors or single blade sensors? If single blade, then you use the color coded wire only. If twin bladed then you use the color coded wire and one of the thin black wires to it.
mine doesn't have the thick black.the thickness of the black wires are the same.
and mine are twin blade.
i think i must just buy a thicker black wire and connect it here
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

PapaJo wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:12 pm
Sensor wired like this.
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

Twin blade uses color wire and thin black. That is correct.

There must be a thicker black wire from plug (pin9 or 10) to battery.
mon2fri
Cadet

Post by mon2fri »

PapaJo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm Twin blade uses color wire and thin black. That is correct.

maybe they have tempered with the wiring but i`ll have a look at it on sunday to see where and what am i missing
PapaJo
Brigadier

Post by PapaJo »

mon2fri wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 am
PapaJo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm Twin blade uses color wire and thin black. That is correct.

maybe they have tempered with the wiring but i`ll have a look at it on sunday to see where and what am i missing
Compare the wires to the diagram, then you will see what has been altered.