VW Guru needed in Polokwane

Chrisbad
Enlisted
Registered for: 2 years 3 months

VW Guru needed in Polokwane

Post by Chrisbad »

Hi

A friend of mine (no internet on his farm) recently bought a 2012 T5 Transporter 2.0 TDI with 200k on the clock - private deal. First 3000km was perfect, but then his van went into limp mode with the glow plug indicator flashing. VW in Polokwane now quotes him R76K to fix the bus!!!!!!!!! They want to replace the cable harness, the fuel pump and the ECU. I cannot believe this. Did we both make a mistake with the brand?

Apologies for asking questions on my very 1st post, but any recommendations where he can take his bus for a 2nd opinion will really be appreciated? Only error code was P009000

Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated

Cheers
Chris
Rourke
Cadet
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Re: VW Guru needed in Polokwane

Post by Rourke »

HI bud

Well first off on the brand etc

I dont think you made a mistake .

You must consider a few things

1) Those 2.0tdi motors are bullet proof for the most part , but yours is a newer model the PD motors which is older are very good

2) VW Always suffers electronic issues compared to other brands especially the FSI Variant . Im not so sure of the TDI's Haven't really heard that they suffer electrical issues , but a freind works at vw and drives a 2014-2016 jetta 2.0/tdi fairly newish and that car also has a warning light or it also goes in to limp mode cant remember so it seems those year models have issues. NOt sure.

3) Kilos are high already even though you might be able to reach 400k 500k kilos . Older PD tdis can reach this but yours is newer . not sure how they are .

4) How the vehicle was maintained and what parts were used to replace parts .

5) Second hand motors are always a gamble.

Then on the refferal

There are many many machanical shops and mechanics that also work on VW

Check a few out

There is a good workshop next too Goldwagon , Although have not tried them .

Than If i can remember correctly there is MCB Repairs CC Workshop on Witklip Street Dendron road . They have great diagnostics equipment and i used them for a Opel which from what i have heard are the only guys in polokwane that could diagnose my opel at the time , but that was about 4 years ago or so . So ill recommend them 51 Conundrum street . No telephone numbers

Esphag engineering has a workshop and is very good , but being good comes with a drawback . demand for them is high so normally they full with vehicles and cant assist immediately also no telephone numbers for u

I have a freind that works at home , but is very very good with both diesel and petrol and mostly works on audi and vw cars

He does not have diagnostics but he uses a external party for this. let me know if u want to contact him . maybe he can help.

Esphag engineering has a workshop and is very good , but being good comes with a drawback . demand for them is high so normally they full with vehicles and cant assist imediately also no telephone numbers for u

PM Me

Good luck